How would I go about selling this Herend piece? Other stuff?

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Times are tough...as we all know. My husband left behind this Herend tureen, Victoria design, in perfect condition. It's spent most of the time well packed in a box.

It's listed at $1700+.

I have no idea how to sell something like this. If I list it on ebay, I have to pay fees whether or not it sells and that's a risk I don't want to take. Ebay doesn't seem to have the momentum it once did and has become pricey.

I also have my Great Grandmother's Autumn Jewel tea dishes that will need to be sold. Lots of serving pieces, some perfect, most with some wear as they were the regular dishes in the house. I'll just keep one place setting and perhaps a pitcher or bowl for the memory....

Then there are the Breyer animals from my great-uncle (from the 60s) and two other sets of china - turquoise magnolia and pink long stemmed rose...I had been collecting so that I could set a table with all different flowers. That was a while ago - those two sets have been packed since 2003.

Do you think DG classified is a good venue?
I've listed on craigslist but have generated a lot of spam emails, people saying they are buying, but need all this personal information in poorly written English (non-native speaker). I'd replied to one with additional photos then got the second email with all the specs the buyer wanted me to fulfill to get payment. I wrote back that I only accepted paypal and never heard anything again. When I compared the two email addresses from the buyer, I noticed they are one character different.

I'm in a remote area, too, so hard to get to. Have concerns about a parade of folks coming over, as well, since I live alone (with 6 dogs and a cat) out here.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

:-)

Thumbnail by 4paws
This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!