Missouri ChickenStock at Jacob's Cave.

Clarksburg, MO

CMoxon and I have been talking about this on my new chick thread. She is considering coming and wanted to share the info with everyone.

Sheila

Clarksburg, MO

It's Like a Missouri Chickenstock. Jacob's Cave is the location near Versailles, Missouri.

They have about 20 acres of people setting up their own stands, selling chickens, small animals, small animal products, garage sale stuff, etc. Heck, even this spring we saw a guy who was trying to sell monkeys. He had them in a 8ftx8ftx8ft pen and showed us that they can drink from a soda can, are very loveable.

It is one of those places where you can see literally anything. My husband makes bucket feeders, pipe waterers and small cages (most poeple come without a cage, just looking and then need something to take their impluse purchase home in) LOL.

A really great time for one and all. $5 a carload to set up and sell, or just to look

Foley, MO

When is it going on???

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I think it's Oct 2-5, if I remember correctly! It's over a weekend.

Clarksburg, MO

Yes it is over that weekend. Don't have a calendar in front of me for the exact dates.

Sheila

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

the 2nd is on a thursday. I am seriously thinking about coming up. I will do a map to see how far. BRB

It is 418 miles from me. I can sure do it. Now I need to figure out which birds you girls were wanting. My birds will be 14, 11, and 13 weeks old then.

Clarksburg, MO

White Crested Polish for me. Are they standards or bantams.

I am really looking for anything standard that I don't currently have.

Let me know what breeds you have that you are willing to part with.

Sheila

Clarkson, KY

Oh Boy. 458 miles away. Can't stand this. Hmmm.

come on grow you gotta, you just gotta. I want to be there thursday but not sure I can Mom and my Aunt fly out the 3rd to go to Europe for 3 weeks and I might have to take them to the airport.

That is only 40 more miles than I am doing. COME ON. We WILL have a grand time.

Ok Shelia I will look at my chickens and see what I have. I think they are standard. I will get some pics for you. Look at this one on the right is that one?

Thumbnail by luvs2garden2000
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

yes, that is the one TAMARAFAYE wants... sheila said white crested, so that black could qualify... and yep, those polish are standards... FYI... OK< gonna map it out... BRB

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Trip distance: 675.04 miles Time: 10 hrs 21 mins

that is going through OKC, but not Norman... we could meet up in OKC and have a caravan??? not sure i can bring anything across state line.... do you know OK and MI rules?

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

OK new route, less miles more time. i bet i can make it in less....

Trip distance: 646.87 miles Time: 11 hrs 59 mins

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

What about a goat?

I'm only 380 away.

This message was edited Aug 28, 2008 11:57 PM

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

that will be a little harder to sneak in... but i will see if my friend may have some small ones at the time. she has a nice van too, maybe she will come along...

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

I have about 5 more silkie roosters looking for homes.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i bet one could come home with ME, i mean with tf...

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

lol... they live with ME silly... bet 2 could go... I could make them little gas masks.. sorry bad humor..

Lodi, United States

What is worrying is that I am following this.......

londonderry, Australia

i could make 646.87 miles in about 9 hours tf so if ya need help give us a ring

PS yes i do get driving tickest occasionly but it is for the chickens

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

lucky, stop by here on your way from ohio and we could ride together.

come on cat, I am sure one of us can pick you up at the airport.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

hmmmmm... it IS for the chickens...

Lodi, United States

I think I will be in Brazil...what are the dates? I will be in Wooster Ohio the week of the 21st. :0)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Cool, you can meet up with Josh when you're in Ohio. :-)

the dates are Oct 2-5th

Clarksburg, MO

This is so exciting. A chance to meet some DG friends.

I want to make sure that everyone knows that this is not a high fulluting chicken show. It tends more towards a swap meet. But there are many many chicken owners to chat with and plenty to look at and BUY. Just didn't want to mislead anyone.

Sheila

oh goodness, it will be just great to get together and meet up and maybe swap what we have. I am hoping that Miss T gets to come up also. I have her baby saved for her. I am figuring I will have maybe 20 or so birds with me. Just not sure which ones yet. And looking forward to a man cooking for me sat night :)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

LOL, I don't think I was expecting the "Westminster" of chicken shows. It just sounds like a whole lotta fun to me, and a way to meet other chicken lovers, and a chance to meet DG friends, and a chance to see and buy CHICKENS!!!

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

hangin head low... I was hopin at least for the eukanuba...

* JUST KIDDING*

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

ROTFL Frans....

Clarkson, KY

Ok, now, Luvs and TF- At either the Cracker Barrel or the McD's at the exit from I-35 that precedes the Turner Turnpike(I-44 to Mo), #137. Nice safe area of town, plenty of parking behind the Cracker Barrel. TF would take I-40 to I-35, Luvs just head north to #137. Can't tell you how many family vacations started there. I-44 to exit#127MO, N on rt 5 to Versailles. I wanna goooo!!!! 350miles. Waaah.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

UGH! but i want to take the shorcut through Kansas. remote highway, less likely to get stopped and searched for animals LOL...

luvs, WHICH one are you bringing?

shelia, so can we sell there, or only swap. not sure i want to bring much back...

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

quit whinning gro and meet me in Mt Vernon and I can drive the rest of the way.
It'l be a little out of my way.. but a fun drive.

Clarkson, KY

Now if I were British I'd whinge and then where'd we be?

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

stuck in britian.. there is no bridge

Clarkson, KY

Boy just think what the gas prices would do...

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

with no bridge you don't need gas... just air.

londonderry, Australia

so who is my area we could do a car pull

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

josh, ride with taynors...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.