Any NNY'ers want to adopt a brugmansia???

Watertown, NY

I have 4 or 5 big brugmansiia's that will need a new homw when winter gets here. Any takers. I live north of Syracuse.

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi sweetie, what do I need to do to take over, postage, tell me! Clem

Worcester, MA

How bifg ae they, how arethey card forin the winter? They are tropicals, no?

Watertown, NY

Yes they are tropicals, they are all over 6 feet except one that is 4 feet. I bring them in and put them in the basement for the winter, back out in the spring.

Craryville, NY

Hi theraglady: I am in E. taghanic, Mid-Hudson Valley. How would we ship them?

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

i see in the brug forum that there will be no mail guys, must go and pick them up. I only wish I could, but it is really far! I LOVE BRUGS!!!!

Watertown, NY

They are too big to ship. I do not have time to do the cuttting thing with this much stuff. Some of these are 8 feet tall. I just can't do the wrap, pack and ship thing. I work 12 hour days most days and the days I don't I have so much house and garden work to do.

I made the same post last year and did find takers. They all found good homes. Two more got added today. Most of these are new hybrids that did not make my cut, or some that look so much like others. I just can't over winter more then 60.

Watertown, NY

Offer canceled, all have found a home.

Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

Your brugs from last year are doing well. My question is how to overwinter. I now have too many to put in the greenhouse, so I'm hoping the basement is an option. I think that is what you explained to the person who picked up the brugs for me (they were transported by 3 people to end up at my house).

Watertown, NY

I just put them in the darkest coolest part of my basement. I have heard some say they remove the leaves, i don't. I let them fall off and then sweep them up. That way they have no open cuts. You can cut them back if you want to, but be sure to save some Y's for early blooming next year. I give them water only when they are parched, about a cup a month for medium size plants.

You may get some die back through the winter, that is normal. I cut it off and dap the cut ends with hydrogen peroxide. I dap the ends of every cut with it anyway.

If you have any more questions, or of I cam be of more help let me know.

I am glad they have done well for you. i have had good luck with my adopt a plant program every fall.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Do you use it full strenghth on the cuts, or diluted?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.