Liquid Fence......works on hubbies, too.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I just got an order of Liquid Fence spray to control our resident bunnies. I didn't remember while I was spraying it that Victor had said it smells REALLY bad. I did read the bottle where it should be odor free when it dries. Well about 2 minutes after I sprayed it, my hubby is like"Oh, man WHAT is that smell?" and he goes running inside......hmmmm should have used that years ago. HEE HEE

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Jen, is that your new cologne of choice ? ;)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yep, If I need some alone time out comes the bottle.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Don't tell him it was my idea!^_^

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'll try not to blame you.

Wish I had it when I used to ride the subway and could not get a seat...

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

...Sorry, 1st come 1st served! ☺

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Haven't used that, we had some stuff at work that looked and smelled liked rotten meatloaf juice.LOL

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Too funny!!! Gotta git me some of that "cologne" Since my nose doesn't work real well, I could have a lot of fun with it. Watch out neighborhood. Does it work for squirrels?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that's great.... cracked me up

it doesn't do a darn thing for squirrels here... I sprayed the heck out of my place today to... before I went to work the dogs and I scared off 7.... count them 7 deer in the woods behind my house... I was ready to call in sick and protect my stuff

:)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I used it this year from March to the present.
While the formuls is a secret, I'm sure the reciepe goes like this
1 part five day old shrimp ripened in the sun
2 parts juice from boiled gym locker contents
2 parts lion p--.
In Garden Watchdog there is a review by the people who live next door to the factory.
Guess the lawnmowers constant whine in my neighborhood isn't so bad.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

heehee!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

MORNIN DEB

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi JoAnn

Luckily it only stinks to us for the first day. By the next day you can't smell anything. My strong advice is to make sure you mix it outside!

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

You could use it at work if you want the clear out the office for a day off.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I just got the premixed spray to make sure it worked first.

Pre-mixed is $$$.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I got it on sale.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes.... must do the pre-mix outside... I know I always spill some

Oswego, NY(Zone 5a)

Want to keep out the bunnies, deer, and the cat? I did this for my vegetable garden (6x8)...plant marigolds around the perimeter, before anything else and leave for a week or two (they 'stink' to some of us)...then intermix onions, garlic and shallots throughout the garden. Mix garlic powder (cheap kind) and cayenne pepper (cheap kind) with oil...in an empty spice container, preferably tall one...sprinkle all around the perimeter...then plant tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, herbs (parsley and rosemary). The bunnies sit within four feet and never have touched anything...deer too, however they hit my hostas late this season. Picked this up from my favorite books on gardening, decided to do everything recommended!

This message was edited Sep 3, 2008 12:53 PM

Oswego, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh,and carrots too...

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Any type of marigold?

I tried that technique and it never worked for me. The deer simply walk past what they don't like to get to what they do.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

deer wont touch most yellow flowers.
You are right Victor, they pass the merigolds to get to what they want.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ok, so I follow the directions on the bottle spray once then a week later and then every 3 weeks.
After I sprayed the 2nd time, something ate one of my hostas and my heuchera. So can I rule out deer or rabbits? What would it be chipmunk or squirrel??

Hmm. You can still have a real hungry deer. How much of the hosta is eaten?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

All the way to the ground.

Ooh. Sorry to hear that. When deer eat mine, they tend to eat the leaves and leave the stalks, but it certainly can still be a deer. Can't imagine a squirrel or chipmunk doing that.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sheesh.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

mine eaten by deer were the same as Victor... ate just the leaves... maybe yours are just that hungry?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I need to set up a surveillance video. There's no windows on that side of the house(south side) except in the garage, so I can't even keep watch to find out what's going on out there(I think they know that)

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yep, they're smart little critters. Hey, a few years ago, my DH's cousin who lives up in Branchville, NJ area had a moose cross their back field. Their neighbor called them up and told them to be on the lookout cuz it had just left their place. Pretty cool.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.