ANY Ideas what Is wrong here?

Ellenboro, NC(Zone 7b)

my hens and chicks have lots of spots and I cant find any bugs or slug trails,, could it be to much water? pots drain well but never seem to dry all the way! any Ideas? hopefully it's not awater problem because we are about to get 3-8 inches of rain this week ! and with the rain comes back aches and I cant move all of the pots, maybe cover them? thanks MeagnO

Thumbnail by megano24
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I'd guess fungus rather than insects so too much water is one possible suspect. Since you said the pots never dry all the way that could be a problem, these are succulents so they don't like to have wet feet. Try sticking your finger down a couple inches into the pot and see how it feels--if it's been a while since you watered and it still feels pretty wet then that's probably what the problem is. If so, I'd definitely try to put something over them or pull them under an overhang or something when it rains and then really back off on your watering. Honestly even if they're not too wet now, 8 inches of rain would probably drown them so I'd try to protect them from that anyway.

Ellenboro, NC(Zone 7b)

thanks Again Ecrane!! I have decided I dont like plastic pots,,, the others are in clay and doing fine but this is of course my biggest container, and I have seperated it at least 2 times in the last year, they are very happy there (or were) MeganO

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.