Love Catfish

Frankfort, KY(Zone 6a)

Does anyone use Fish in their garden ?
Went fishing yesterday and my part of the catch was 14 nice catfish, 12" - 24" long.
They are cleaned, flayed , vacuum sealed, and in the freezer.
Now I have a bucket full of you know what heading for the garden, the heads are the problem, so large.
If I bury them now they may be in the way of my fall planting.
I was thinking I may put them in the freezer (in the garage) and bury them late this fall.
Any suggestions ?

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

plus if you don't bury them good and deep some critter may be really tempted to dig them up along with your fall planting. I haven't dealt with fish scraps tho.

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Rentman you are welcome to store the filets in MY freezer so you'll have room for the heads in YOUR freezer!!!

Doug

Frankfort, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes Doug, I'll bring some right over, keep your light on. ^_^

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Great, I'll have the beer cold!!!

Frankfort, KY(Zone 6a)

Now we're talking

mulege, Mexico

Check out the bokashi and EM threads. Using theese products you can compost fish, meat, dairy and other things that cannot be put in the regular compost.

katiebear

Keystone Heights, FL(Zone 8b)

My husband, bless his heart, got the bright idea to put a catfish carcass in our compost. It's a closed bin and he couldn't get to it, but we had a Turkey Vulture sitting on top of the pumphouse for two days. I wouldn't recommend it. To make amends, we nailed the next catfish to a board and left in the woods for him. He found it in just a few hours and polished it off. There was nothing left but the skull.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.