Pruning Mandevilla

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

This is the first year I've had mandevilla .. its growing in a pot and is rather sprawling out to the sides. Since it has to winter over in the greenhouse I'd like to prune it to a more compact shape .. does it take kindly to such treatment?

X

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

X, trim them without being scared! I bring mine in for the winter and cut them down anywhere from 12 to 24 inches high! I do throw a fungus powder on them before bringing them in and they do fine!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks! I'll cut with confidence.

X

X I have pics of before and after if you want to see, i do not have my cpu tonight so i cannot post pics, but i can do so later!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

That would be great! Thanks!

X

X, this is one of your children, lol remember your seeds?

Thumbnail by Clemen

OK X, could not find my pic of this past winter and Spring, but here is a link that can help you and my vine is there. before going outdoors this Spring! I am posting how the vine looks today, taken this morning, so healthy looking and lots of blooms. no need to let them die, they survive, this is proof!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/829495/

Thumbnail by Clemen
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

That's beautiful! .. what a nice little hideaway you have. Thanks for the link .. and the idea to use the corners of my gazebo that got torn up by a micro burst a few years ago!

X

This message was edited Aug 25, 2008 9:26 PM

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum

Nice to help you out X, you were so nice with seeds and I am happy you like what you see. Yeap, plant those mandevilles on the corners, they love it and specially the sun!

BTW, they love to be fed as much as the brugs! I do it weekly on Sundays, fish stuff. bloom plus, vitamin B1 and epson salt!

Thumbnail by Clemen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.