Dragon tree

Wayne, MI

I have a indoor dragon tree and the trunk is wrinkleing and the leaves are drooping ,why is that?

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Is it pot-bound? Take the plant out of it's pot - see if the roots are wrapped around in a circle. If so, it's not getting any water - thus, it's trunk is shriveling. If it IS pot-bound, take it out of it's pot and soak it in a bucket of warm water for a couple of hours or even overnight. It will take some time to get it hydrated again.

Next, get a pot a couple of sizes bigger (depends on how bad it is pot-bound), remove all the soil and any dead roots from the plant, separate the roots as best you can and re-pot it in new soil. Water it well, then don't water again until it is almost dry - probably a couple days. It should be fine if you follow these instructions.

Keaau, HI

What species do you mean by dragon tree. Can you show a picture?

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

That is a good question, Metro - I may have mistakenly ass-u-med it was a Dracaena marginata, since it is a common houseplant here in the states. I know that the Paulownia tree is sometimes called the dragon tree as well, but didn't think, in her climate, it would be the Paulownia - sorry if I sited the wrong plant. My directions were meant to apply to ANY potted plant that is root-bound.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.