Add a plant?

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

I looked through the salvias and didn't find a listing for Hardy Salvia 'Merleau Rose'
I may have missed it but my spelling is correct (well, it's what the tag says anyway, lol)
I'd like to post some pictures if it's possible to add this listing.

-Tankies.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

You're right, there is no entry for it. You can create it yourself if you'd like. To do so, there's a link in the secondary toolbar underneath the tabs when in the PlantFiles environment.

If you have any problems, let us know.

Edited to say that it's the 'Add A Plant' link that you are looking for.

Joan

This message was edited Aug 22, 2008 9:23 AM

Thumbnail by Joan
Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

oh gosh im afraid ill mess something up. :-/ Ill try it though!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Go for it! If you think you messed it up, we can fix it. Just let us know. Once you create one, it's easier the second time.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

..did i do it right? :D

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

You did good! I did tweak the entry a bit, and this is what I did:

I removed the cultivar name from the common name field. It's not needed there, as it's in the cultivar field already.

I changed the species to x superba, per RHS http://www.rhs.org.uk/databases/summary2.asp?crit=Merleau%20and%20Rose&Genus=Salvia

I removed the single quote marks from around the cultivar name. The system adds them automatically.

Now, if you know any of the details, please go in and fill in as many as you know, and add your photo!

Congratulations!

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yay my first entry. Maybe my last too LOL.
Ill go add a couple pictures, don't have any full blooms yet and it was a 50 cent near dead plant, lmbo.
Tankies!!!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

You're welcome.

It doesn't have to be your last plant either! It gets easier as you become more familiar with what needs to be put where. ^_^

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

K it is all added-Ill so be stalking that page now LOL!!!
Ill keep that in mind for then next plant I find that isn't in the PF. ^_^ yay, a new toy to play with.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

In doing a little more research, there appears to be some confusion on the species. I think we have the other entries in PlantFiles incorrect, with x superba as a synonym of S. nemorosa. I'll do some more research on that this afternoon. You might have brought to light another error we need to correct on our other Salvia entries. ^_^

I took a look at your entry again. Do you want to learn another trick? When you add details, as long as admin doesn't change them, you can still go in and correct them. If you click on the entry, beside the details you put in, it should say 'edit' or something like that. If you click on that you can update information.

Under foliage, perhaps you would consider adding herbaceous?

Under hardiness, maybe it should have all the zones in the hardiness range checked?

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Cool Ill do all that hehe. Im still excited, lmbo.
Im thinking next year or this winter I may be adding a lot of stuff to keep me from going stir crazy in the house lol.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

^_^

Just make sure to double check that the plant isn't already in PlantFiles. The easiest way to do that is to use this search feature http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/adv_search.php?Search=Search+plants and put in only the bare minimum of information. I usually put in genus and cultivar in case it's already in Plantfiles with an incorrect species or something (common problem)

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ill remember that TY!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images