The Delusion Revolution - Robt. Jensen

Phoenix, AZ

http://www.alternet.org/story/95126/the_delusion_revolution%3A_we%27re_on_the_road_to_extinction_and_in_denial_/?page=1

I read this a few days ago and decided to read it again before posting it. I found it very interesting. Two concepts struck me as worth exploring; 1) how to live a life that is "realistically radical" and how can I "live joyously while in a state of profound grief".

A friend calls himself a "disillusioned idealist". Others might call him a pessimist because he speaks of matters (such as those discussed by Jensen) realistically. He lives very close to the earth and is a good teacher; however, he is frustrated that he cannot garner the attention of enough people to teach. In a society that accepts instant gratification as the norm, he's a square peg in a round hole.

I see that there are almost 200 responses to Jensen's talk; I haven't read near all of them. It does seem there is considerable agreement. What do you think - and what would you do?

This thread has 146 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!