My "tiny" heart attack 5 days ago...WARNING!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I had a mild heart attack 5 days ago with little warning. I have hereditarily high cholesterol (220-240 since I was 25!) but nothing else warranted meds, according to my docs. I had great BP, my "good" cholest. --the HDL--was good, my ratio was great, I'm only 20 overweight, I don't smoke, I rarely drink, I'm only 57. All my friends are shocked.

My symptoms were:
1. tightness in the cleavage area (NO pain!)
2. neck tightness
3. jaw aching
4. ears stopped up

I had 2 stents placed in the artery that goes behind the heart. This was done with me awake in the cath lab. (It was a total blockage of one of the 3 main arteries.)

The good news: NO damage to the heart, AND the sonogram showed I have a very strong heart!

Thanks to God and fabulous docs I'm alive and (sorta) well, but PLEASE have a checkup and see if you need meds. Is it possible that the docs won't give preventive meds to people because of insurance? Please find out if you are at risk! :-)

Concern for all my DG friends,
Connie

This message was edited Aug 18, 2008 10:03 PM

Thumbnail by Connie_G
This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!