After they have been blooming a while.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Here is my new 'Tiki Torch' after blooming for more than a month. Still strong pumpkin color.

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

This one which was supposed to be another TT is I think 'Sundown' or 'Summer Sky' has been blooming for a little shorter time and has faded somewhat to a totally different color. Which of yours keep their color? Do you have some that change color or fade and do you like that?

Thumbnail by ngam
McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

I'm still admiring your tiki torch. I think that alot of the newer colors fade when they are in full sun. In my garden, after midnight, and summer sky definitely fade. Sunset must fade as well since I can't tell it from the summer sky. Sunrise doesn't appear to be affected.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

'Tiki Torch' is on my must-have list. Beautiful bloom! I love the rich color. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any in my area this year, so I bought 'Coconut Lime', 'Pink Double Delight', 'Sundown' and 'Twilight' to make up for it. *grin*

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

I was admiring tiki torch yesterday in the nursery. It is hard to believe that the flowers are really as orange as they appear on my monitore. I have summer sky and sunset, but there is a distinct difference in color. Tiki torch is much richer, and is supposed to last longer. Mine tend to fade fairly quickly. They are in full sun, but I am going to be moving some to partial shade this fall.

At $16.95 I was an admirerer, but not tempted! This is summer sky.

Thumbnail by pennefeather
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Tiki Torch is pretty, but the plants aren't as vigorous as the pink varieties. I hope they return next year, but I doubt it.

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

I planted a plug this summer I'm curious how it does this winter. I'm hoping it comes back in the spring. The color looks so vibrant!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.