Fall AV/Gessie Swap..join in the FUN!!!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Hello Everyone..well Its getting to be that time of year again..lol..about time for our Fall AV/Gessie Swap.A Great way to clean off those stands of your extras to share with others and get some more to add to your stands too..lol.. : )We had such a great turnout last year and everyone seemed to really enjoy the great av and/or gessie leaves,plantlets,plants,cuttings,and seeds they received from their pal..How about we do it again?

It would be basically the same as last years..everyone who is interested just needs to post here and I will add everyones names to the list.if everyone would please dmail with an idea as to the type of things they have to share and the type of things they are looking for it would make it much easier for me when the time comes for me to assign swappers :o...Everyone one will be sending to a different person than they will be receiving from.It will be a total secret of who everyone is sending to you until the receiver posts what they received and from whom..I will keep tract so no one is left without receiving.It only happened to one swapper last year.. and that is no fun when that happens : ( I will leave the signups open thru the end of August..then the 1st part of September I will dmail everyone the name and addy of who they will be sending to..Just like last year..you can send anything you would like in the Gessie family to your pal..The only rule is to send a nice box of at least 4 or 5( the more the merrier)..lol. different things to your pal..

I really hate to but I suppose we should just limit this swap to US residents only to prevent any shipping problems..We could maybe shoot for a mailing date of lets say the 2nd week in September.You may send immediately after you receive your name if you want : )

Ok so thats the basics..lol..don't be shy..hop on in to join in the fun : )

Thumbnail by cedarnest
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Me, me, me!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

You are the 1st Syrumani!! Welcome : ))

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Count me in! I love the swaps. Lou

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Gotcha down Lou..Thanks for joining : )

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

I would love to join in, as long as leaves and cuttings are alright I should have plenty for a decent box. I just discovered a chirita 'Nimbus' on my shelves yesterday I didn't even know I had it. LOL

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

me too.
love the swaps
mrsbonnie

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Good to have you join Bonnie and Roxy..yep Roxy sounds like you have the makings for a wonderful box ..lol..isn't it fun when you find a plant you forgot you even had.:)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I would love to join too. ^_^

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Welcome Digger : )

Lilburn, GA

I am just starting so I don't have enough to share at the moment but put me down for Fall 2009.:o)

My leaf babies should be big by then.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Spider sure wish you could join us..maybe you should go ahead and sign up anyway..you never know..by the time we send you could have some large enough to travel safely : )

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Nancy
I will join in when is the date to send? I was speed reading and didin't see it
Hug's Dimmer

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

lol dimmer I just sent you a dmail telling you to get over here and here you are before I even sent it..lol..you have ESP..LOL..too weird..
We will be sending probably the 2nd week of September..

Columbus, OH

I have a few episcia and other babies, but not enough for a swap...maybe we should have a newbie swap??

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Celene..no need to send a huge overstuffed box..if you have 4 or 5 different ones to send thats all you need...sure would love to have you : )

Lilburn, GA

Well, I have some episcias ready to have cutting taken out of but my streps are just very tiny ears. Most of my leaves were planted about 6 weeks ago. They will not be ready for september.

It is OK. I will have lots of fun watching you lot posting all about your new babies and photos.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Everyone jump in and participate...........it is fun!!! The worst that could happen spider is you run to the dollar store and find a container to put a plant in!

Celene, shame on you!!!!!! Let me volunteer to also send for you........(nancy, are you listening? I need to send a plant myself and then send Celene's for her) Here is why.........look what she sent me 'just because' she hopes I feel better.............

I am a product junkie and keep the house filled with 'product' . My adult children use my bathrooms for the drug store 'around the corner'........
So put me down for sending my own gift and sending for Celene. It will make me feel better I know!

I already feel better just knowing I get to use all of these goodies!
Thanks,
gail

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi All,
I would like to be in also... Now do we have to send plants or can we send cuttings? Hugs to all.
Susan

Oh, me, me!! *waving hand in air* I want to play! ^_^

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

You are not invited, Rain (LMAO). She just found hoyas everywhere she went today........shall I release my envy and jealousy and let her play.............OK.............Rain , you can play outside with us today.

Oh, I see how you are, sister! LOL Better watch that green-eyed monster! Give a girl in TN a break! You know how hard it is to find good stuff around here! ^_^

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am rotten, Amy (LOL) because we do have good nurseries around here. Cannot believe you just walked into Lowe's and Walmart 's leaving them empty of baskets. That is so cool................and I really am happy for you!

I know you're happy for me! ^_^ I really wish we had good nurseries around here like you do. There are good nurseries, don't get me wrong, but they don't sell stuff like Gessies and Hoyas. That's why I always enjoy these swaps so much. They are a great way for someone like me who doesn't have local access to fun plants to get more of them! ^_^

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Some of the best plants I have started with you.........and before you? I don't know who grew them.

Columbus, OH

Gail, I'm glad you liked your surprise!! If we can do cuttings (I'd send more cuttings than plants, and I started some yesterday so they could root, then sign me up!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am dmailing you, Celene

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Wow I am slipping..wasn't able to get on last night and look at all the action I missed!
Welcome Gail,Susan.Amy and Celene...glad you all could make it : )
Amy ohh yes I knew you would want to play!! aren't these swaps just the most fun!
Oh yes Susan and Celene cuttings are definitely allowed!
I am listening Gail..lol..Wow .nice goody box from Celene

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

I want to play too please!! Nancy I've sent you a d-mail already! LOL

~Brenda

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Brenda!! Got it...Great To have You join In : ))

Lilburn, GA

OK, I am signing up for it.:o)

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Yeah!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I have to hurry and play 'catchup ' with my boxes right now (LOL) or you won't let me play with the big girls anymore............

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Glad you decided to join Spider!!

LOL Gail..you know you can always play with us!!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Here is a list of everyone who has signed up..Hope I never missed anyone..feel free to yell at me if I did..lol..Looks like we have 14 swappers ..should be lots of fun...Thanks Everyone for joining in : )

Syrumani
Dispatcher1
av_ocd_girl
mrsbonnie
bigoldbuck701
Dimmer
Imadigger
Susan51
Celene
Raingazer
Gessiegail
Bmedel
Spider07
cedarnest

This message was edited Sep 4, 2008 12:19 PM

I wanted to find out the details of this swap and when I came to find the thread, it had slipped way down the page, so I'm bumping it back up just in case anyone hasn't seen it and wants to join. ^_^

Haven't read the details yet, so if I'm supposed to send a list to you, Nancy, I'll do that soon.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Thank for the bump Amy : )..got your list..thank you..makes it much easier : ))

Yes.. it would make it much easier to match people up if I knew what type of plants everyone had to share and preferred to receive..that way I can hopefully match everyone up to receive things they like to grow..thats the plan anyway..lol..so if anyone wants they can email me with their lists please do this weekend.. and if I don't hear from someone..not a problem.. I will just fly by the seat of my pants with when it comes time to assign swappers..lol..it all works out well either way : )

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I may have sent it to the wrong place, but I sent a dmail to you, Nancy..............I know what I want if anyone has them...............

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I got it Gail : ) Thank You..

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

We are suppose to send you a list? Like of what we have or what we would like?
Hugs,
susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.