Bugs Galore

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

I was watering plants the other day right near my carne bog, and I heard bzzzz. bzzzz. bzzzzzzzzz. Again, and again, I heard this buzzing. I kept looking around. Then I got this feeling that it was coming from my S. leucophylla, and I looked down one. There it was, I caught it buzzing.

Then I saw them silhouetted, with the sun shining through the plant. There were little black dots in many cups of the plant. Wow. These things are effective!

That's not to mention my VFTs. Especially my Red Dragon is normally seen with several traps closed on bugs. And most of the open ones still have squished carcasses in them.

I seem to have a very happy bog right now.

Downers Grove, IL(Zone 5a)

Cool! I just got my first Sarracenia and I've yet to see it in action. It's growing and looks great, but I can't tell if it's trapping any bugs or not. I assume so...

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

My sarracenia is in my bathroom and I often hear buzzing coming from the traps. I just bought White Ghost today so hope to post some photos soon.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

I just noticed on both my Sarracenia and VFTs are rotting off where bugs got stuck. On the VFT several traps have reopened with dessicated bugs in them. Its getting to be fall, so I am not that concerned.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.