CLOSED: Welcome to the Swaps!! A running list of upcoming swaps:)

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

OK-we had thought as a group that is might be easier to plan and to see what you'd like to be in if we kept a list at the top of this thread of which swaps are coming up and the hosts for any ??...

Cute Critters(Fairy1004-Stacey)-OPEN
Birdfeeders (jordankittyjo-Kathy)-OPEN
Halloween(jojoringer-Joey)-end of Sept.
Wreaths, swags & centerpeices(fleusdefouquet-Debra)-1st week of Nov
Fairy Garden Xmas(Fairy1004-Stacey)-xmas theme opetional depending on where you live-right after thanksgiving
Mystery 7 item swap-BJ-Jan.
Where you live swap(planolinda-Linda)-Feb

This message was edited Aug 23, 2008 6:49 PM

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I want to do them all, but I can't! Have to watch it from now till Christmas! I'll try to do one!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Looks good to me Tinky. Just add actual starting and mailing dates when decided.

Which one beside the xmas fairy one you doin Audrey??

Thanks Auntie M:)

I'd like to do the critters and the wreaths, but I have 2 to do, now!

well, critters won't have to be sent til the end of the month and the wreaths isn't til mid nov...

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, since I just got my jars finished... I'm going to be game for some of those after Labor Day...
And, I'm thinking that I want to plan the "mystery swap" when it doesn't clash with some of those other ones...

OK, You rat! I'll do it! Look out scrambled eggs! (Good thing I LIKE scrambled eggs!)

I just love these swaps! I can just get me into all kinds of trouble!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

They get me into trouble too sometimes, Audrey... I always worry about if my gift is good enough.

Me, too!

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

Pbpbpbp BJ and Audrey!. Just being you is a good gift!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Stacey, I could do one more and that's yours. September onwards will be extremely busy for me...

Stacey, I posted the oix you wanted!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Jaye... Starting in September onwards to when? Infinity? Or the end of the year?

It won't be the same without Jaye.

I do understand. If I can't find a new vendor coordinator for the festival then I will be doing that also in addition to chairing. Of course after 17 years now of vendors it should be much easier--just the application mailing in October gets a little "hairy".

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm sure I won't be 'tied' up after the end of the year...oh please, no, not infinity. Gonna be hard for me to read your postings and not join in the fun.

LOL I know if i don't get going on Halloween Costumes, the kids just might end up being Charlie Brown Ghosts LOL

Plano, TX

no october swaps? what is the mystery swap bj?

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Perfect, Stacey! This will be very helpful for all of us and anyone new thinking to jump in for the first time. Would you change my wreath swap from mid Nov to late Oct. That's when it will start.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, Linda... it's still a mystery...
LOL
It will have something to do with a Craft... but I can't reveal the rules yet.

LOL Ya notice she capitalized Craft...wonder if thats a clue?? Hmmmm

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Ummmm... YEAH... it's a clue.

LOL I know I'm baaaad. I am all wired up for some reason tonite. Trying to put the energy to good use and clean...

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm still trying to catch up on Jar swap, so I'll start from here, sorry if I missed anything.

Jaye-you know you won't be able to resist getting in an opccasional one and you HAVE to be int he Fairy Xmas one:)

BJ-you had already said you had stuff planned for my next one, so I am assuming that you meant after that one??

Debra-I will change it right now-I just figured you would want to wait til after halloween...

Audrey-I love scrambled eggs too-I put diced toms and green onions in mine-yummy:) Plus if you really want to save on postage make sure it fits in a small box-and I mean small and ship it reg mail, so like for instance if you wanted to do the wreath one, do 2 of the things that go around candles and pack them puppies in a little box and voila-$5 shipping:)

I am glad this makes it easier on everyone:) If I missed anyone, PLMK:)

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Stacey. Someone requested the wreath swap be done in time to get them before Thanksgiving. Thought we better start taking names in late October so names can be given out and items shipped no later than the second week in Nov. Does that make sense?
Debra

OK-no worries-I just thought it was a xmas one:)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Jojoringer, lol, don't you love getting conned by the to do costumes....I pretend that I want them to grow to an age I'll not longer need to do them but NOT...my only thing is sometimes it's the week before, and then I've 4 to do...eldest is now 12 so not many years left...

Should get some of previous years out and send them, that way you would have time for 'swaps'..lol

I'll share a couple, do you mind?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Always a clown amongst the 4...last year there were 2..

This message was edited Aug 17, 2008 11:00 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

This one was fun because Greg (DS) and I worked on it till late the night before..red paint just didn't seem to want to dry..lol...

Maybe we should have a 'trade' for halloween costumes, don't you think that would allow us mega hours to do all the above 'swaps'...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Great costumes Betty!!! I am challanged with mermaids this year--haven't consulted with their Mom yet about that being done. They got to Grandma first so will need a conference before I get to involved.

Debra, I think I might have mentioned mailing wreaths if it were a Christmas swap so as to arrive as close to Thanksgiving as possible. I think I recall saying a lot of people start decoration the day after Thanksgiving but you do it when it is convienent for you, please.

Those are awesome Betty! I bet you GK are the hit of the season! I love he clown!!And the Coke can is just a riot. Lot's of work and love in those!!
LOL I am glad I still have the little one to dress up. Big one wants to be a Bumble Bee this year, I can do it, but not much I can do with it, a bumble bee is a bumble bee LOL. but the little one! I think he is going to be Speed Racer. I'm going to use his wagon again and make it the Mach V. that was so nice being able to pull him around in part of his costume! But that ones going to take some plannning. Gotta make a square wagon rounded....

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Impressive costumes! Is that another benefit of being a grandmother?

Marion, I guess I got confused. Was thinking the goal was to get them 'by' Thanksgiving (stay confused alot lately) but now I understand. (can't dare ask Stacey to edit the list again to say 'early Nov' or she will kill me) but we will know that's what it means. (wink)

Planning a wedding--why am I not surprised you are confused. I, on the other hand, have no excuse for mine. I don't think Tinky will mind--I'll tell her no more Stitches!! Loved the picture of your Santa. How wonderful to own something that pretty.

Hey now-no threatening the stitches!!

OK Debra-I will do it again-but don't be changing your mind on me every few hrs. now lady:)

Tinky, now if Debra wants to change her mind just do it or Stitch will be in trouble. LOL

Nu uh-he will spit and run-that is what they do on their planet as they HATE to be spit on:)

Oh but I have captured a few so they will be in jeopardy if you deny Debra!!! LOIL

ROFL!!! No fair-holding them hostage like that!! I gotta pick on the lady living in my house:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.