ideas for turning plastic nursery pots into permanent pots

Champaign, IL(Zone 5b)

First, hi! I've been poking around on this forum, and I must say you guys have some great ideas!

Anyway.....I'm aquiring a lot of plastic nursery pots, and I need "real" pots for a lot of my houseplants now....so I thought maybe there could be a way of turning the nursery pots into something pretty that I could use as a "real" pot. First, I just tried spray painting...and any writing on the pot shows threw. So, then I found some left over Rough Stuff(stuff to put on walls and ceilings to make it textured) and decided to put that on there. After it dried, I spray painted it. It looks ok, but the paint was glossy black, which didn't go with the "stucco" efect of the Rough Stuff. I think I will try one ago and just use craft acrylics. I was just wondering what every one here thought of this idea(if it'll work) and if anyone could improve upon my "method". Or, if anyone has a completely different idea that would be great too! My first one, although doesn't look that great, seems to be holding up.

This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!