CLOSED: trading gold flame spirea rooted cuttings for daylily seeds

Galien, MI

I have some 6-8 inch, nicely rooted gold flame spirea cuttings. These have fantastic flame colored leaves in spring and fall, can handle slight drought, and have pink flowers in summer. They make a great hedge, getting only about 3 ft high without trimming. Pretty maintenance free.

I'm looking for daylily seeds that don't have yellow or orange parents. Purples get the highest priority, but some spiders, UF's, polytepals, reds, lavendars, etc. are also welcome. These will be for a michigan garden, so they need to be hardy. If you know the parents names, that would be great. Let me know what you have. Thanks.
LJ

Galien, MI

bumping this up

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i may have some for you
how about a mix?

Galien, MI

I'm interested. Can you tell me more about them?
Thanks, LJ

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i have a mix of seeds from my seedling beds
and from all the seedlings in my big garden

this is some of my seedlings
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/657915/

There is spiders and purples and just a MIX of all kinds of things
i can pick out some purples that i have separate
how many seeds you looking for?

i have more to collect if it ever quits raining-may need a boat or waders!!!

Galien, MI

Your seedlings are beautiful! This was the first year my seedlings bloomed, and I was like a proud parent snapping photos! I'm not a big yellow fan, but even some of your yellows had great form and budcount. I'm looking for about 20-30 seeds, but I'm flexible. Since I'm still learning all this stuff, knowing the parents names, what that parent is best known for, what I can generally expect, would be a huge help. I have a seedling that looks almost just like your #7, but it's parents are Purple Termite x Black Passion.

How many cuttings were you looking for? I have over 100 left from my last sale (I do wholesale cuttings and am inspected/licensed). I normally sell them for 80 cents each - how many seeds do you think is fair in exchange for a cutting? Should be move this to D-mail?

Sincerely, LJ

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i got the cutting
now where to plant them all
thanks for the trade
dori

Galien, MI

It speeds things up by a year or two if you plant them in clusters of 3 or 4. It makes a shrub faster. You are very welcome. I'm still organizing pictures of all your seeds. Did you know 50 of the mixed ones sprouted during mailing?!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

wow

i never gave the mixed ones the squeeze test i just grabbed handfuls and dropped in the bag
So you will have to squeeze them to make sure they are all good.
If they squish well then they arent good!
I did do the named ones and that is the pod parent-pollen parents were good but i didnt keep track!
have fun and im planting them in nice bunches today

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.