Al's photo pile part 2

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Continuing from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/874878/
Some new ones and some repeats for sure in this thread

Bonaventure is always a favorite here, smaller than what it's always listed as - B here.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Jenniferlily is very pink

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Speaking of pink, Pooch your noid Al's pink is 99.99% Belle of Barmera, it did come from the same store I bought my Belle at(different name on the package of course).

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Here is Belle again, it is my largest I have so far this year.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Little more Seattle looking Seattle.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Much better flower on Karma Ventura - the first few had the eyes open up right away.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

One from Candy - Brookside Cherry

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Never did come up with a name for the FD.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Ratty flower on Candy Cane.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Back shot of Kelgai Ann.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Semi fuller shot with Kari Blue again.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Very nice Al! The Seattle is so pretty with it's white tips!

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

I like Bonaventure too, such a nice color. That Kari Blue shot is very floriferous! And inquiring minds want to know, how big is Belle of Barmera?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I like the colors of Candy Cane; reminds me of an amarylis. Very nice. I may need one of those. Ü. All others are very lovely too of course.

Joanne

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Jo, I like Candy Cane - fairly small.

Tod - I measured Belle for you - 10", might be my biggest this year since I lost Sir Alf.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Al, here's one I got from you "Skywalker" i really like it. nice frilly red.

Thumbnail by greathorse
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

also got "Sea Oro" from you. love the color on this one.

Thumbnail by greathorse
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I got this "Raz Ma Taz" from Poochella and i think it is just the cutest thing!!!!!

Thumbnail by greathorse
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

my Kelgai Ann has bugs, as a matter of fact, most of my whites have bugs. What gives.

erika

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Looks good Erika, I got Sea Oro from Pooch and Skywalker from Carol last year. I really like Sea Oro - another giant year here again.
Raz looks good - that's a small ball?
Not sure if my bugs(earwigs) have a color preference - I do know the slower they open the more they get eaten.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

thanks Al. Raz Ma Taz is a small ball. i believe my bugs are thrips.very small, about the size of a hair. they almost look like dirt until they move.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

bigcityal could your FD be 'Zingaro'? http://www.abloomgardens.ca/dahlia-zingaro-p30273.html

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Bonaventure is beautiful. I lost mine this year so at least I got to see your's. Nice to see flowers that aren't chewed to death.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

So Gerry Hoek Wannabe is Belle of Barmera! I love that monster bloom, but don't get that rich of pink here or at least haven't yet. Even though I lost the last tuber, I've got Belle from Granny growing along right now so it's not lost afterall. Thanks for the ID Al.

Looks like your dahlia menagerie is coming along great this year.

Erika, you've got the dahlia touch~! Nice flowers. Raz Ma Taz is really a bright beacon of color isn't it?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

It's going pretty good Pooch. I only have a few slow ones and a few with mites.

Full shot of the big boy bed.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Le Baron was a bit slower this year.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

NW Cosmos is in a spot that I might need to eliminate.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Penhill Watermelon, the eyes don't always open up.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Rerun - nice one of coccinea species.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Rerun - Kenora Lisa might be my favorite new one this year.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Had to get a shot of the coloring on this C. Topaz.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

C. Topaz is wonderful.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Pirly, really has been a great flowerer.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

poochella,

i love Raz Ma Taz but the more that start blooming for me the more favorite's i have. i've got an awesome Blackberry Jelly that i recommend that everyone should have. it looks so juicy. My Bodacius is really spactacular too. i just love Robinhood.my Tsuki is really cool too but the bugs seem to like a bit to much. okay, i guess i really don't have a definate favorite right now.

erika

This message was edited Aug 19, 2008 6:36 AM

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Beautiful, Al. I like Topaz too. We saw a lot of dahlias in Maine and my wife is asking me to grow some!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

well my list of MUST HAVES is now a book LOL. More luvlys bigcityal. Thanks for sharing.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks D'nut, I always have a few that get sent packing every year to make room for new ones too.

Thanks Victor - you know you might have an extra month of growing there.

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Bravo to the big boy bed (he said aliteratively)! Your Watermelon is a decent watermelon color, mine is kind of pale.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

ooh Le Baron is such a nice color! Jax sent me about 50 of em! LOL Everywhere I look and can't remember what plant it is: it's Le Baron. Can't wait to see those purples.

I give my whole hearted support to Chimacum Topaz: it's a tough dahlia to mess up. Stores well, grows well, and blooms like crazy.

Victor, if the wife's not happy, nobody's happy. You should grow some dahlias.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Yes, Victor should grow some dahlias and the good news is the deer haven't even tried to sample them. Maybe they just pigged out on the 19,000 or so daylily buds and felt they did enough harm here, which is true.

Here's Dixie Winedot taken on the Man of Menasha's birthday!

Thumbnail by pirl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.