CLOSED: Glass Jar Swap... Part 6

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Room 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/883534/
Room 2 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/884353/
Room 3 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/885328/
Room 4 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/887366/
Room 5 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/888576/

This swap is all about re-purposing those glass jars you usually throw away.
Lets make something else out of them, and send them to each other.

Some ideas for used jars would be: Pickle Jars, Mayo Jars, Baby food Jars, Any kind of jar that once held food.

Some ideas for repurposing them would be: Trinket jars, Candle jars, Vases, Gifts in a jar.

Let your imagination go wild. Decorate them anyway you like. Let's share ideas here about what mediums to use for decorations. You can even fill them with something if you like.

I’ll take names until August 15th, and all swaps should be mailed out by September 5th.
If that isn’t enough time for some of you, or if you have an unforeseen problem with mailing your swap by then, your buddy would appreciate a d-mail to let them know.

Now, open your fridges, look for a glass jar holding food… and eat it up really quick.

As of 11:40pm on Aug 4th.
1. bjwilson - uh, duh... I better be here too.
2. Heavenscape - who swore she wouldn't do another crafty swap
3. JoJoringer - who may show up in your mailbox glued to something.
4. Kimarj - Kim of Kimarj, the exotic.
5. Purpbutfly - who has the neatest ideas
6. Planolinda - A crafty one - could be sneaky.
7. Tater55 - with her stash of jars under the sink just waiting to be repurposed.
8. Doe41 - whose just so full of ideas.
9. bonjon - who brainstorms with her fingers.
10. abbisgranma - who thinks "whine" is a food group
11. zinhu - who thought this swap over very carefully.
12. Samigal - who has her very own thinking cap.
13. Makshi - Who loves the challenge.
14. Fairy1004 - Yes, Fairy Lips, I do wuv you.
15. Bettypauze - who has set the bar a little highter for us all.
16. Jordankittyjo - YUM!!! freshly canned goodies straight from her kitchen.
17. Mittsy - has fond memories of grandma's peach jars.
18. 1anjl - the new and improved version.
19. Cordeledawg - Was lost, but now she's found us.
20. luvs2garden2000 - our Okie friend who just might have a jar.
21. dimmer - who promises not to send a flamingo, as if she could part with one.
22. zhinusmom - she saw the light.
23. joycet - who finds us irresistible.
24. fleursdefouquet - who is all refreshed, and ready to decorate a jar.

This message was edited Aug 14, 2008 11:59 AM

Thumbnail by bjwilson
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i found it!!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Here's the list of sistas that I haven't given buddies... if you're on this list, and want your buddy early... just ask. Otherwise, you'll get your buddy on Friday.

Bettypauze
Dimmer
Kimarj
Makshi
Planolinda
samigal

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Well, the Bailey's will be a flowing....................

I can tell that the meals are going to heavenly..............I love good home cooked meals. I like to cook but DBF is very pickie. He's from Tulsa, OK and is meat, potaotes and bread. When I first moved in with him I was making homemade bread every other day and dinner was always some kind of potatoes mostly deep fried. Yep I gained 20 pounds. So now I'm on a healthy diet mostly because of arthritis and have lost about 10 pounds in one month. Hopefully I will start losing more faster as the vet told me I need to exercise Bucky. DBF hates to go walking he is very lazy, I have to light a fire under his butt to get him to do anything. Every Friday I make a weekend to do list, after it gets done then he can watch the boob toob. He loves SciFi I think it is the stupidest stuff on tv.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

cindy, you are more than welcome to come. we would love for you to join us

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Cindy... I have the opposite problem... I have to put a brick in Don's pants to get him to lite a while... he goes 90mph all day... then crashes at O dark thirty... even when he's home, I almost never see him.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

bj, mike is the same way. i have to force him to come in and relax a nite. when he comes home from work he's mowing, working on my chicken pens, or some other project

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I smell the trail of fresh biscuits....oh heaven!!
Good mawnin' ma favurrrite Sistahs ^_^ It's gonna be one lovely day today! Slow drizzle outside, fresh coffee brewing and looking forward to starting second jar!
BJ, I'm glad you disclose your secret on making good biscuits. I can't make it from scratch but Pioneer's helps me out whenever I feel like good ones.
Sis, so sorry that I will miss all the fun at your place. Just post pics and I'll laugh along with you and your guineas---especially when you're dancing!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

sis, joyce informed me she gets to cuddle with wally when she is here. i'll get lots of pictures of that

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh boy, Joyce, another Sistah that's gone to the birds ;)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thats the name of the video i'm gonna make og joyc and wally- GONE WITH THE BIRDS

I would love to join you but AL is a long ways from me and I don't do well in crowds as I am deaf and have to red lips. I wouldn't be able to keep up with the conversations. That's one reason I love this site. I can read, but sometimes my spelling isn't the best ( keep dictionary handy lol)

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I just want to hold your yard dog on my lap... now, that would be a cool experience.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL, Cindy... we can cope with that... we would make it possible for you to see our lips, I'm sure... It would be sooo nice if you could come too.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Cindy, they'll make it easy for you to read their lips!! They won't be moving them...they'll be too busy chewing food all day long!! You might have to read their body language!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

cindy, i'll let you dance with the guineas

TY, but no can do money is tight and I'm waiting on disability decision. But if I get approved and receive a large check I will put some money aside for a future trip. Now I gotta get to work I'm way behind on things, swap things that is.

TTYL

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Deborah... I'll make a deal with you... I won't sink into my shell, if you don't.
Deal?

Dance! I love to dance, especially the jitter bug. When I'm alone I put on my country music and dance all over the house sometimes the dogs join me. I love Trace Adkins, Toby Keith, too many to name.

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Josh Turner...................mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok, Cindy, but we will miss you.... and we'll be praying for your disability check to be substantial enough to come for the next one...

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I take my name now if it is okay.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I keep getting lost. Thanks for leading the way to the new room, Kathy.
That's a deal BJ.
Jaye you got a slow drizzle? We've got a frog strangler here. First hard long rain since May. Maybe it's a sign of better days ahead?

Cindy I can't spell either. So bad I can't even find the word in a dictionary. I think I had the flu when my class learned phonics.

Tia, who is Josh Turner? what's his latest hit? Sometimes I know the song but not the singer.
I use to be fair at making homemade biscuits. Bisquick came along and those were so easy. Love making no stir peach cobbler with it. Then along comes frozen homemade buttermilk biscuits in the plastic bag. I'm ruined.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I haven't tried the frozen biscuits... Bisquick is just too easy to change...

Your man, Firecracker...................

I just can't stay away.. Yes Josh Turner little guy with that deep voice, best song "Your Man"

Long Black Train

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Cindy, I'm confused....how do you hear the music? Course I've been known to dance to the music in my head....or was that the vodka????

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Those don't ring a bell for me. I'll have turn on my TV to the country hits station and check him out.

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL Joyce, Vodk can play an interesting tune. I used to listen to a lot of country, but now mostly listen to the artists in Noggin and Nick Jr. Thank goodness kids music has gotten better! You simply haven't lived till you have danced 27 times to the Hamster dance over and over and over.... maybe that vodka would help LOL!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

You know, my middle son was deaf when he was born... we didn't know it then, and it was detected when he was 2, and was corrected when he was almost 3...
But, when he was in the bassinet, I would play the stereo and he would move his foot to the beat of the music... later, when he was in his high chair, he would bob his head when he'd hear some songs come on... so, who would have guessed he was deaf? The doctor said he was feeling the beat from the bass tones.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, how cool is that?

that is what I was going to say, the bass tones. and feeling it.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Lazybones checking in here! Deborah, did you get part of that toad strangler we had also? I thought the roof was caving in it was coming down so hard. That part was somewhat okay but the constant thunder and lighting made me think a tornado might be around somewhere. Still raining, not as hard but enough to get you wet.

Okay, ladies here is how to make biscuits: 1 large dough bowl (mixing bowl will do if you don't have), add 5# bag of self rising flour, make a well in the middle, add a generous fist full of shortning (preferable Crisco), pour warm (not hot!) buttermilk (soured even more all the better) slowly over the shortning while working small amounts of flour into the mixture. Keep gently working around in a circle taking in small amounts of dough until you can form a smooth ball. Flour hands good (if not already floured) pinch off pieces and roll gently in hand to form biscuit shape. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake 400 until brown. Now bring on the butter and preserves--preferable some of Kathy's homemade ones!!
Now I am hungry!!

BJ I too must add how wonderful you did describing this group. Jaye drug me at a time I was slipping into another low spell about DH dying, moving after living 35 years in a place. I want to move but then you always have a low spot thinking did I do right? Yes, I know I did otherwise I would not be able to watch my GDs grown and enjoy time with them.

Deborah, you are coming out of your shell!! If DD and I have to drag you out!! We all have something in common for sure. Who is to say we won't eventually all meet somewhere, sometime? Life does have funny twist and turns remember.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Yep, and he became the only one of my sons that was musically inclined... can play almost any instrument by ear... amazing...
My oldest son can't even dance to the beat of a song... he manages somehow to dance with his wife sometimes, but I think she's doing the leading.
My youngest son can't sing... like his mom... can't find the tune to save our lives.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

DEB, GLAD YOU FOUND US.
TIA, I LOVE JOSH TURNER
sorry about yelling

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

Wow that recipe sounds great Marion, but 5# of flour? How many biscuits does that make? But I love the way you told the recipe, its just like my Grnadmothers, a handful here, a pinch there just a shake of this. A fistful of Crisco though thats a new one LOL!!

Edited because Crisdo sounded silly :P

This message was edited Aug 13, 2008 10:04 AM

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Mornn Marion... did you sleep well? Hope you're more rested this morn.

joycet, I'm not completely deaf about 85%. I can hear but don't understand a lot of words. If you were to talk to be and had your back turned to me I could hear, but not understand alot of words I wear a hearing aid.

i lost my hearing when I was four. When my tonsils were removed it ruptured my inner ear. My family didn't know it until one day I almost got hit by a car. the neighbor kid pulled me out of the raod. Yep deep noise like trains and motorcycles I can hear it high pitched like sirens that I can't hear.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow! Well, I can imagine how awful it is in a room full of chattering people. My dad wears a hearing aid and he said it sounds like a roar when there are a lot of people talking. If you came to Kathy's you'd probably want to turn us all off!!! We'd still love it if you could join us sometime though!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.