2008 Humungous Heuchera Hoedown

OK, I confess! That title was just meant to get your attention!

A few people on this forum have expressed some interest in doing a Group Heuchera Swap. I'll be organizing it, even though I probably cannot participate due to no guarantee that my swap would get past the Department of Homemade Security. Based on the input received so far, I propose to take names and offers of plants to trade up until 7 September. I will then set up the swaps and hope everyone will send their plants out about 15 September.

This will be a sort of Round Robin Swap: i.e. instead of Sue and I swap, H and Emma swap, Mary and Jane swap, etc., it might be I send to Sue who sends to H who sends to Emma who sends to Mary who sends to Jane who sends to me.

I'd ask each participant to put up at least 2 plants (or rooted cuttings with at least 4-5 leaves). They could be from your own garden or "bought in" plants (because some people can find some heucheras easily in their area and not others). Anything less than 2 plants is probably not worth the postage.

I need each participant to first of all send 3 lists:
1. Heucheras you will offer to trade
2. Heucheras you really want
3. Heucheras you do NOT want

Those should be posted on this thread.

I would then "match up" participants to do the swap. We could take Canadian participants if we had at least 2 and European participants (like me) if there were at least 2.

This should help expand our individual heuchera collections as well as provide us all some fun and friendship.

Any takers? If so, PLEASE GO TO: [HYPERLINK@davesgarden.com] and express your interest there, as I propose to run this one off the Heuchera Forum.

Potagere

Thumbnail by Potagere

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.