Delphinium forum?

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

Hello y'all Down Under,

I've been trying to rustle up interest in a delphinium forum, and another member alerted me to the fact that there is lots of delphinium interest in your forum. If you would like to see a delphinium forum, could you go to the link below and post your thoughts?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/886367/

TIA
LAS

P.S. - Aug 20. Today Terry (Admin) posted this in Dave's Garden, so in addition to posting your reply there, please post any delphinium questions that have been floating around in the back of your minds.

I've corresponded with LAS14 ;o) Here are my observations and suggestions.

I looked at the number of Delphinium threads: [HYPERLINK@davesgarden.com] and the vast majority (80-90%) are PlantFiles photo threads. That's good - it means we have quite a few images of delphiniums in PlantFiles. Hopefully, more interest in this topic will lead to more images.

But the number of threads doesn't indicate there's a strong base of support for a forum, or a sustained interest level in this specific topic.

The best way to demonstrate a strong, sustained interest level is for a topic to begin to dominate a forum with active threads discussing various aspects of growing this plant. If that happens and it becomes evident that it needs its own forum, we'll be happy to make one at that time.

The Perennials forum would probably be a good place to start; we also have a Rocky Mountain Gardening forum, a Rock and Alpine forum, a Xeriscape forum (all are subscribers-only); you can use the Beginner Flower forum if you want to include non-subscribers in the conversation(s).

This message was edited Aug 20, 2008 9:06 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.