Lets have a big welcome...."""lavendark373""" Marine City

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome lavendark373...to the Michigan forum....come here often and check in..Tell us
about your gardens and what you are interested in... This place is huge..so if
you need help traveling around..just ask...there are a lot of people here in DG...from
good old Michigan...so set a spell and tell us about you..

Again Welcome..to Dg.... smiles..Diana

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome! We're so glad you're here. Tell us about your garden.

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

welcome welcome to a wonderful place to be
Gloria

Bad Axe, Mich., FL(Zone 5a)

Hey, glad you are here and welcome. Please tell us more about you and your garden.

Caro, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome! So much to see & learn with such caring people who love to share.

Enjoy!

Mary Ellen

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wonderful that you could join us. Welcome!!!!

Cindy

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome....

Your not to far from me ;o)

Delane

Marine City, MI

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I've been an avid gardener for around 20 years now, and enjoy everything from vegetable gardening to indoor houseplants. I treat my plants like they are part of my family, and have gone so far as to transplant over 100 perennials from my former home to my current residence in January because I could not bear to part with them! I work in the green industry as well, at both a floral shop and a greenhouse. I've been interested in Dave's garden for quite some time, and finally took the plunge and purchased a year's subscription. This place is awesome, and I look forward to sharing with all here!

~Onward & Upward~

Here's a shot of one of my favorite wildflowers...

Thumbnail by lavendark373
Caro, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh lavendar, that is so pretty. I don't think I've ever seen that before. What is it? And how did you manage to move so many perennials in a Michigan January!? I'm impressed!

I think you're going to feel right at home here. : )

Mary Ellen

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

That is a beautiful wild flower. I would like to know what it is too. Maybe a Lady Slipper?

Cindy

Marine City, MI

The picture is of a showy ladyslipper, native to Michigan and on the endangered species list. These are in full bloom right around Father's Day every year up in the northern L.P.

Moving my perennials in January was no easy task. I was fortunate enough to not have frozen ground to deal with (it was during our January thaw). I put them all in buckets and grouped them together by the side of my house so they wouldn't shock as much, then relocated them to their new bed in the spring. Even so, I wound up losing quite a few, but some of my unique herbs survived, like Sweet Cicely, Blue Stocking Bergamot,Roman Wormwood, and Purple Sage. All my German Bearded Irises were fine too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.