What's Blooming Now...

Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Just had to share a pic of my Little Rocket Ligularia...it just keeps getting better and bigger every year now...probably about 5 foot tall...

Ed

Thumbnail by edder
Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Wow! Very nice - I'll have to investigate ligularias more & find one for my yard! I like yours alot! Samantha

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Very pretty! I have 'Britt Marie Crawford' and I absolutely love the big almost black leaves,but I prefer the flowers on yours.
Lynn

Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Britt Marie is on the left of that one...hasn't started blooming as of yet...they're just uniquely awesome...that's about all I can say...

edder,
Britt Marie gets huge!!
Lynn

Photo Of 'Britt Marie Crawford'.

Thumbnail by lbrabec

Another shot.I'm trying to show how large the plant gets.The light green hosta is a full grown medium size.

Thumbnail by lbrabec
Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Edder,
I purchased Little Rocket from Home Depot a few weeks ago, it was on clearance. I saved the seeds. Do you think this plant is a hybrid? Or will the seeds be true.
Rose

Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

I believe the seeds will be true, but that's really hard for me to fully say...I look at it this way, nothing ventured is nothing gained. And, hey, starting the journey is what makes it worth the while :-)

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Couldn't agree with you more. I was checking out all the varieities of Ligularia. I think I might have to start a new plant collection.
Rose

edder- wow! very striking. where did you purchase it?

rebecca30

Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Honestly....I don't remember anymore. I run a greenhouse/nursery/garden center business and got it from any number of sources, but which one...welllllllll, that's a guess in and of itself. But, if you look around you can find them.

I tried one many years ago and it didn't work out, but then I ended up with this one, stuck it there and it's done great. Gets better each year.

The Brit Marie Crawford next to it on the left is blooming now (Pic below, close up of the flowers...was taking a bunch of closeups today with the new digital. Got some really great ones.). I really like those things because they're different and unique.

Thumbnail by edder

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.