The "mural" is finished

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Several years of procrastinating, two years in actually doing it, and now it is finished. I guess "finished" is the operative word even though the platform is still up. Finished with four or more 'layers' in places it consumed a full square, or more of #2 Cedar shingles. Plain square butt shingles are beautiful in their own right, but for something to pose as an "art work" in the garden it had to be a little different. I think it is a bit 'different', as far as walls go. After I started using an air stapler the job went lickety split. (I lie, it was tedious) each curved shingle was cut on the scroll saw to start where the previous one ended and continue in some direction other than straight.. Now its done-de-done-done and I can go to something else.

Thumbnail by balvenie
This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!