Angel Trumpet

Alstonville, Australia

to crissy100 your Angel is beautiful but do be careful every part is poisonous
I have never been on a forum sight but look forward to exchanging idea etc
to be honest I am only new to the computor so don't even know if this is working
hel

Merino, Australia

Welcome Hel. yes we know about the Angels being poison but aren't they gorgeous. I think 90% of the plants in our gardens are poison but I don't care.
Chrissy has been absent for a while but I'm sure she will be back with us soon.
I am a relative newcomer to computers having only had one for a little over 2 years. Being an older person it took my brain a bit longer, but it's amazing what you can learn if you try.
Please join us in the Flower Tea Room any time for a chat over a cuppa .
Jean

Alstonville, Australia

Thank you 77 sunset, well I'm no spring chicken either. I look forward to talking gardening. I have 13 different Anthuriums and can't seem to find one I haven't got.
I'd love to post some pics but don't know how.
Happy gardening
hel

Merino, Australia

hello hel. I too was at a loss when it came to pictures but it is so easy once you know how. If you have all your pics in a folder on the computer like most of us, just go to the browse box where you post a reply to the thread. click on it and you will see a window that you can move through to the folder you want. when you find the picture name you want , click on it and it will appear in the browse box. When you have finished your reply , just click on preview to check anything that may need changing, then click send. Voila, your reply with picture will magically appear on the thread. To add further pictures. repeat process as many times as you like.
Make sure your picture is of a correct size to load as some can be too large.
I hope that is all easy to understand but someone else will help if not. Everyone here is great with hints on everything
.Bring some of your flowers into the Tea House and have a chat.
Jean.

Gisborne, New Zealand

Hullo hel, I have found that this is the best place to learn your computor. It has certainly helped me. I've had mine about 8mths. I think you have to put a heading with the photo you are sending, have a look at other pics. The plants name is a help if you have it but even just one word will do it. I love anthuriums and there are some very flash ones around today. Please tell us all about them, what they like and what they don't. You'll have some of us converted in no time although the price of them over here is pretty prohibitive.
Lesley.

Thumbnail by Awchid
Alstonville, Australia

Hi guys this is a pic of my white heart anthurium hope this gets posted successfuly my first try
thanks for your advice on how to post pics
hel

Thumbnail by hel
Gisborne, New Zealand

That is lovely hel, and so white. there are some real beauties for sale now. I remember years and years and years ago my Nana got one it was the pink one and I think it may have been the only one avaliable. She was so over the moon about it as she had been wanting one for years. She looked after it like a baby. At the time I couldn't understand all the fuss about it. Of course I now understand completely.
I was about 10 at the time never ever guessing that I would end up as balmy as my Nana. The only difference is that I would never have waited years to get a plant if I really wanted it. :-))
Lesley

P.S. check out the other treads and have a skite on there with your pretty flowers, like the flowering today in spring.one.. We all have our pet flowers and are quite happy to show them off at any opportunity.:)

Thumbnail by Awchid

Well done hel ...that is very pretty.
I know you will enjoy the different forums around our friendly daves garden areas ...like the others I think we can learn so much here.
Above all don't be shy ^_^
Some forums to check out ...computers
Talk ...Tropical ...Brugmansias ...Bromiliads ...Iris ...day lily and the list goes on and on ...you can be having some lovely chats with the gardeners or just stroll through the threads learning from others.
oops I just realized you are not a subscriber ...I urge you to become one ...ask the others ...it's well worth it I assure you.Even if you don't there is still a lot you can do here.Have fun!
chrissy

This message was edited Sep 16, 2008 6:10 AM

Alstonville, Australia

Thanks Awchild & chrissy100 for your reply . I am thinking of subscribing I have a lot to learn about Daves Garden and am realy enjoying it so far.

Alstonville, Australia

Help!
Do I send my subscription to the American address?

Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

Dear hel,
To purchase a subscription, click on your own name in green on this thread. This will take you to your member page, also called the "My Info" page. Click on "Purchase a subscription for you or a friend" and follow the instructions from there to use the payment method of your choice.

Hope this Helps, KK.

Alstonville, Australia

Hi KK,
Do I send my subscription to
Name Media, Inc.
c/o Ted McNulty
230 Third Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451

$19.95 (Aus) made out to Dane's Garden

or is there an Australian address?
Thnx Hel

Thumbnail by hel
Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

Hi hel,
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I have been offline for a couple of weeks because I got busy outside. It's $19.95 US by the way - you need a credit card to pay on line. Otherwise you will have to go to the Post Office and get a money order in US currency then post it.

Hope this helps KK.

Alstonville, Australia

Thanks KK will pop into the post office this week.
Hel

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.