Handmade Earrings to Swap for Your Plant?

Locust Grove, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi all!! I'm a new subscriber who is an avid gardener and beader. I'd love to feed my plant addiction with my beading habit!! I have lots of handmade earrings in my inventory and have picked out a pair to offer in this swap thread. I've just started on my trading list, but so far I'm looking for dark purple crocus bulbs, any hydrangea plant or any foxglove plant.

This pair of earrings is pierced and has gold metal beads: one is a five-petal flower, one is abstract. Other glass beads are clear lampwork ovals, reddish purple faceted glass, reddish purple and goldtone seeds, and goldtone rondelles. They hang from goldplated fishhook earwires and are 1-3/4 inches long, from the bottom of the earwire. I'll throw in a pair of clear rubber stoppers, too.

Is anyone interested in trading their bulb or plant for this pair of earrings?? I usually sell this type of earrings at craft shows or on my Etsy website for about $5.00. Is that enough of a trade for one plant division or bulb? If not, I've got plenty other pairs of earrings and could offer two pairs. Maybe I'll start another thread with another pair of earrings in case someone has two plants, or if I'm not offering enough with one pair.

Thanks!! Laurie (Flowers by LJP)

Thumbnail by LJP57
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Great earrings and great idea! I'm afraid I don't have what you're looking for, but wanted to say that it was a great idea to trade earrings for plants. I do have a ton of different kinds of foxglove seeds, but not plants. They are biennial and flower in the 2nd year and then usually die. They do self-seed though, so usually you get new plants every year.
Claire

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

That's definitely a great idea -- beautiful earrings, too! You might also keep it in mind if you're interested in plants somebody is offering for trade and don't have a plant they want in return... try Dmailing them and offer your handiwork in trade instead. There have been trades done for cookies, handmade soaps, etc... :-)

I'd second the suggestion to grow foxgloves from seed. I'd bet they're a good candidate for winter sowing, too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.