Hoheria

Kannapolis, NC

Anybody in the Carolinas growing Hoheria? In Vita Sackville-West's book, she rate it as one of the most underused and underappreciated shrubs in the gardening world, but I'm curious if it will withstand our heat and/or cold. I tend to think England gets a lot of cold weather in winter, but I could be wrong, having never had the fortune to travel there (yet).

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

No I have not ever grown one, but after looking at this pic it sure looks enticing!

http://www.habitas.org.uk/gardenflora/hoheria_glabrata.htm

Kannapolis, NC

Rednyr: I agree. I think I'm going to chance it and see if it will live here. Now to find a source on DG.

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

LMK where you find one...I may be tempted to give it a whirl too!

Deanna

Kannapolis, NC

I did a plant search on DG and found it at Forestblooms for $8.95. I've not ordered it yet. Want to see if there are other sources.

Johns Island, SC

You really need to see some of those English gardens, Hemo! It doesn't get as cold there as I thought it did (maybe 6b-7b in our zones), but it doesn't get as @%#*% hot, either. So those folks can grow almost anything! And they do! Incredibly well. Made me jealous of their climare...

Kannapolis, NC

Well, y'all have made me decide to give it a go. Just got to find the best source and get it ordered.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.