She's about to..... #10

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Start chatting away.
Linda Kay

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Chat, chat, chat, chat, chat^_^

LOL

Good morning everyone. Hope your not in the way of the storm trying to make its way across Texas. I am too far west, so we won't get it here!
Linda Kay

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Mornin Hotties....

I still smell that "smell" from that oven.. I told DH I didn't know if I'd ever get it out... he never even looked at me and kept walking....!.. ahhh true love....LOL

Well the lil storm hit land due south of us.. between Sabine Pass and Winnie.. for those of you that "know" where that is.... it is dark and not raining much.. good "farmers" rain.. and we need it soo bad! DH told me already there are 20,000 people without power... I sure feel for them!

Lord, yes, as hot as it is? I know they're suffering!

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Poor things! Clem

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Morning Hotties,

Thanks for starting a new thread. I still need to get back and finish reading the last one. Right now I’m just popping in from work. Hope everyone fares well from the storms.

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Alot cooler here today. only supposed to be 87 ish. LOTS better! It even rained for 5 min lol. I checked on my brugs and repotted some to bigger pots and found army worms defoliating three of them! Sheesh they eat fast! the grasshoppers are being a pain too! Gotta spray!

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

Happy 10th anniversary to us!! Boy, do we talk....

Still no break in the heat wave and all of my plants are just holding on by their littlest roots. I'm watering as fast and as much as I can but it is bad out there.

Bonnie, you and Drew take care and have a lot of fun... Bonnie you will enjoy the graduation, something about a man in uniform... and some of the older guys are pretty darn good-looking! and Drew will only have eyes for one uniformed gal...

Beck, was that a grease pie??

Haven't seen any grasshoppers here, but sure have the mosquitos and dragonflies of all different colors this year. Course, they supposedly eat the squitos, so maybe that's why I am seeing so many.

Naptime for this old gal... Lov ya, Peg

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Well I am still alive..got lot of little tree limbs to pick up..the wind is blowing hard off and on right now..I had to go to work this morning to be on stand by for the school in case we needed our school buses or generators or fuel..everything is okay now..
It isn't raining right now...ya never know about the weather here in Texas...sheeze...

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Same here Nadine. We got just a small amount of wind/rain off Edouard. Not what we were expecting! I just knew my brugmansias would take a beating. I was up at daybreak checking on my German brugs....Lol, they were still looking beautiful :)
Dollie

Peg.. I wished now I would have at least put the pie in... I might have realized the pot was still in there.... That grease kinda conglomerated on the side of the pan.. really weird looking.. course the whole thing went right in the garbage.. and the sad thing it was the top pot to my double boiler.. aww well...lol..It still stinks really bad in here too.. don't know how I am going to get that smell out.. I have had candles going all day and spraying..I sure hope I don't have to scrub the walls down..might have to learn to luv the smell...hehe
I just got back from visiting with Momma.. and my car thermometer said it was 75 degrees!!! NICE!! We only got about an inch of rain.. not much wind.. but it's been overcast all day..It went in right where we will be the month of October.. fishing at Sabine Pass.. I hope there won't be a repeat in October.. That is also the area Rita came onshore..hmmmm maybe we shouldn't go...
Audrey.. no the temps usually drop because of all the rains from the hurricanes and storms.. but then when it goes through it gets hotter than before the storm!! Right now they are probably ok.. it'll be tomorrow that will start to be bad
What about our IL friends that got those tornadoes.. now that was terrible!!

See ya'll...

Beck, it'll take a long time to get the smell out! I burned a cooker of chicken to charcoal once by turning it to high instead of off, and leaving for town! And my boss was coming to go hunting with my dh that night! Talk about a good impression!....NOT

All is quiet here..no rain or wind...too spooky....lol..

(Cathy), MO

Hi everyone. I'm so far behind, I'm not even going to TRY to catch up! Cooler tomorrow, or so they say!

Hi hotties, hope everyone is nice and cool in the ac, and those ladies in Tx are ok, thinking of all of you tonight, Clemen

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh my but everyone has been busy these past 2 weeks. Tried to read while at Mom's and sister's house but the antiquated computer refused to load all of this thread.

Return home today, checked my brugs before coming in the house or unpacking the car. Must say DD did a very good job of taking care of them for me!! What a relief.

We were very fortunate Mom (89) didn't have any broken bones or internal injuries from the fall. Badly bruised and still very sore but all in all very lucky. Nurses, physical therapist and Lifeline all in place now so I will feel better about being able to contact help now.

Off to bed--very tired!!

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

hope everyone and their plant babies fair well in the storms!

its been nice and cool here lately (thankfully!) I was even able to do a little yard work before it got dark! yeah!

DH is going to pull out our Morays so i can plant my Brug babies in the front bed :o)

My neighbors love the Brug blooms right now... they (both men) keep coming over to 'visit' the brugs! lol! neither of them have ever seen a brug before! guess I'll be doing some cuttings this fall! lol!

Hello all Hotties!!
LOL Audrey... I bet you did make an impression...LOL
Marion... O am soo glad at least your Mom didn't get hurt worse and that she is on the mend.. AND that you are back home.. Home never looked soo good huh??
No more rain.. I was surprised that the news said one town near here didn't get a drop of rain.. isn't that weird??

lol Anl... infecting the neighbors with the "fever"

We need rain Becky, send it on up here! I have one wayward brug that wants to lean over and have floppy leaves. A non conformist brug lol. I lifted up some of the bigger pots today and some of the kids had rooted into the ground. I had to pot them in bigger pots. Sheesh they are over four foot tall now!

um not just with brug fever :o) lol! they see me out gardening, ask what I'm planting now... and they wind up with a few leftovers that I have no room for :o) tee hee! then they get all excited when it blooms for them and they run over to 'report' on the growth of their latest gifted baby...and wind up with more plants :o)
They are both older gentlemen.... really sweet men, so I now order 'extras' when ordering plants so I can have a some to give them and mom!
they are definitely infected with the 'gardening fever' tee hee... trying to get the 'chicken' fever to rub off too...but that one is not as contagious! lol!

I have an elderly neighbor and we trade plants too. I leave them on his porch alot and he wanders over and asks me what it is and where he should plant it. I went out my side gate one day and there was a huge box of ribbon grass sitting by the gate. lol He is a sweet man.

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Hello Hotties!! I am very glad our friends made it through the storm! Marion,great to hear that your mom is doing better and you are home safe : ) Brug love spread it around lol!!! Zzzzzzzzz.........

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Marion, glad to hear your Mom wasn't banged up any worse than she was. My Mom is 84 and lives by herself. We use Lifeline with her and it has worked out very well. One time I was with her when she had a seizure and pushed her Lifeline button, they informed that it was only for her use and if I was there they wouldn't call the ambulance I would have to. Which isn't a problem now that I know.

Glad everyone on the coast is doing good.

Suppose to cool down and get rain tomorrow.

I have built a brug island LOL. Will have to take pictures.

Can't wait to get pictures of your island. Any brug pictures will be nice.
Linda Kay

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Happygarden, I am so glad you told me that! I will pass that information on to my sister so she will be aware of it. Yes, so far I am very impressed with Lifeline.

Today is errand day. Oh I do dread it after being away for 2 weeks. Hi Kim the exotic.
Thanks everyone for your kind words. We were extremely fortunate this time. and hopefully will never have it happen again.

(Jan) So Milw, WI(Zone 5b)

Hi all you HOT, hottie sista's!!! Geez, y'all gab a lot and I can't get a word in... SMILES!!!

Just saw your birthday brug, taters, good job :) actually, because of cuttings that I've done, I 'think' there are 45 brugs---WOWZERS!!! I just hope and pray that they all survive and then I'll have brugs to trade for brugs that I don't have :) My seed-grown brugs are coming along quite nicely---can't wait to see blooms. One has the 'even' fuzziesh leaves and another has serated-type leaves---both from the same seed mix, so one will look more like the "mama" brug and one may look like the "daddy"....NO, NO!!!...not like the mail delivery man---NO!!!

I've gotta work my way back and finish reading #9 and by the time I'm done you guyz'll be on #11...

I'll be back, don't get too hot, you hottie sista's, and 'melt' (LMAO!!!)
Jan

(by the way, heard from DS---finally---he 'promises' to come to town b4 the end of this month (!!!) to work on my !@#$% puter at home...I WANNA POST BRUG PICS TOO!!!)

Thumbnail by JanLynn

I am getting rain squalls coming thru for about good 15 mins worth at a time..about 6 times today already...had enough for 1 day....I wanna go outside and check on my babies....animals,chickens,ducks,quails,dogs,piggy,and my plants!!...lol..

Jan, I thought I was bad. I went from 0 in June, to now 13. So far I have no duplicates that I know of.
One lady working at the nursery in San Antonio, told me when I bought the 2 she had, one was pink, and one was yellow. She said all pink brugs have jagged edges, and all yellow ones are smooth edged... I don't think she knew what she was doing!!!
Linda kay

(Jan) So Milw, WI(Zone 5b)

We'll find out...eventually...hopefully...about the leaves/bloom colors :)

I know that I have duplicates of several as I've taken cuttings so that I can grow my brugs as 'standards' (cut/trim off the side growth so that they have one straight 'stem/trunk' - like a tree-)

So far I know that I have a duplicate of 'Maya' and of 'Solid Gold'...I keep forgetting to look at my leaves and/or for "Y's"...silly me!

I just went to 'PhotoBucket' and signed-up, hopefully I can download my pics from home PC so that I can start 'sharing'---

Hey hotties. can't you stop chatting for a minute, lol. Finally Mama Brug's first bloom and many more to come! Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen

My nite bloomimg cereus today, two 1/2 weeks after I notice the buds, so patient here, They say the fragrance is better than the brug's, hard to believe. This is a cutting I got less than two years ago from a good friend! Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen

Clem I am so happy for you. What does she smell like?
Linda Kay

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Hey Hotties!! Jan we need to see them beauties : ) Momma brug is looking good Clem! I have a small night bloomer too I don't think it will be blooming anytime soon. My camera is acting goofy so I can't post any pics ; ( Moodene are your babies okay??

Which one Linda, Mama brug, well sweet vanilla, but the night blooming cereous, don't know yet, it will be first time. I am watching closely, got cuttings a little over a year ago.People say they take forever to bloom, I must be doing something right!
Kim how old is yours??? Clemen

ooh clem you are so lucky!
I have a night blooming cerus I just got this year ( rooted leaf) so I have a long wait for that bloom! lol!

OK, another brug question? Some brugs open at night? I thought they bloomed during the day?
Linda Kay

? I thought they needed the night cool air to bloom?

Anjl, cereuos wise, I do not know what I did, rooted the cuttiings last March 2007, put them out in the full sun, yeah, full sun last summer 2007, and they grew so much. Winter, brought her in in a cool room 50 to 60 degrees with lots of sunlight and she still grew. This Spring, out she was, no growth until now in August! Unbelievable and they say it takes years for them to bloom. C

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.