Lap-Band Aug 8th

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Well after following Tplants thread for ages I finally got approved for my own Lap-Band. Surgery date is set for Friday, Aug 8th at 6:00 a.m.. That is if Eduard doesn't mess up my plans!

This has been a lengthy journey already as I had to apply to two insurance companies (approved by both, but the DH changed jobs) go on a six month approved diet, have mental evaluations, test etc. We started this process in December of last year so I'm very ready to move forward.

I've struggled with my weight my entire life, I'm finally at an age (41) that I seriously think of the future and don't want a life that doesn't allow me freedom to do any and all that I want. I have a rather high BMI and the doctors really wanted to do a by-pass or sleave but I refused as I've seen to many that had one or the other and then had major problems after. With my other health issues I felt safer with the Lap-Band. I might lose more slowly and I'll never be thin as a rail, but I'll be assured of a much healthier means of weight loss.

Friday I had an Upper & lower GI, Chest X-ray, blood work up, EKG and lung function test, the process took most of the day but the staff at the Medical Center of Southeast Texas was wonderful and things moved along well. I know they will do a great job with my surgery as well as after. My Doctor, Stanley Hahn has been doing weight loss surgeries since 1996 and has 1300 his belt. I've used him for other surgeries and am very happy with his skills.

Dr. Hahn doesn't require a pre-diet, other than a liquid diet the day before surgery, but I have had to modify several habits, chewing being one of them. I've been learning how to chew my food 30 times as well as take small bites. Several of the boards have suggested using childrens flatware to get use to smaller bites so I've purchased myself a Cinderella set. I've also had to get use to no liquid with meals, this was very difficult, as I'm a drinker, and always have something liquid close.

Please keep your fingers crossed that this nasty lill storm Eduard doesn't mess up my plans and all goes well.

Saint

This thread has 153 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!