Ok, I think ebay ripped me off LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I got this last year from ebay aristolochia gilbertii

think it's gilbertii, I don't think it is

I'll never find out where I got it, too long ago

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm no expert on these, but it certainly doesn't even look close to the pics of A. gilbertii that I found when I googled it.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL I know, looks more like my elegans than gilbertii, It was so long ago, never bloomed, and I have no idea which ebayer I got it from, so disapointing, spciallysince I have that one already LOL

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Check your feedback on ebay and you should see who you bought it from. I've had problems to with people selling seeds that did not turn out to be what they were selling .. I think they figure that by the time things grow and flower you'll forget.

X

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I could find the person I bought it from easily enough if I could tell if I bought that item from them, after 3 months I can 't see the ebay item I bought , I think I bought this last spring. it never bloomed last year. It's worth a shot though,

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Did you leave feedback for them? You might be able to narrow it down if you did. Another thing you can do is try a search for what you think you bought and see if whom ever is offering it rings a bell.

X

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I 'm sure I did, it was a nice plant when I got it. who knew it wouldn't have been the right one. one reason I don't like to buy plants of ebay that don't bloom for a long time. should have known better.

that's a good idea too. doing a search

Dandridge, TN(Zone 6a)

If you paid via paypal you can look through there too.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Yeah I guess icoudl but I don't think it's worth it, too much trouble for me to go back for a year. and still not be possitive that I did purchase that plant from that person. I'll just live with it LOL no harm done, I'll acquire it sooner or later. and give this one away to the next person that comes by the house cause this thing is big LOL

Dandridge, TN(Zone 6a)

LOL I'm sure you'd find a lot of takers around here, I'd sure like one!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I only have the one and it's too big to ship. it's in a 20 gallon bucket with a huge trellis over it. and it's huge now. took it's time getting there, but now it's huge

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

Different looking Aristolochia, does the flower have a smell?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

no smell, I think it's a deformed flower too, that was the first bloom ever on it. and I think it was deformed, still waiting for other blooms , not yet though.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

The coloring is interesting. Was it larger than the typical elegans?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

are you talking about the flower or the plant itself? my elegans that's in the greenhouse has a larger flower, but it's kind of hard to tell really since this one looked like it was crimped up somewhat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.