Allergic to tea tree oil?

Natural Bridge, VA

Hi all,
I had a mild case of fungus on my big toe; prescrip. and over the counter creams were not clearing it up. I started using tea tree oil and within 2 days it had noticably improved. It was drying up,etc. I continued using it and after several more days the toe started getting red, swelling, blistering, and oozing. I thought I'd maybe contacted poison ivy somewhere (talk about sting along with itch!) I used homeopathic rhus tox and a poison ivy lotion and saw only minor improvement. I'd stopped using the tea tree oil, and when the "poison ivy" didn't clear I started it up again. Toe got worse. Duh--today I reached the conclusion that maybe it was the tea tree oil. Maybe I worked up to an intolerance to it. I've washed it off of my toe, put hydrocortisone cream on it, and will leave it be for a while.
Has anyone else experienced a tea tree oil allergy?
thanks,
toni

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!