Welcome Elena "Lanie"

Pasadena, CA(Zone 9b)

Today we brought home a buddy for Beau. Please help us welcome Elena, who we have been calling "Lanie".

She is smart as a whip. Seems to understand just about everything I tell her (except maybe "sit", but we're working on it :-).

I was terribly nervous about how Beau would respond to a new dog in his territory. I was nervous for nothing. They seem to be very happy with each other. They play like puppies in a way I've rarely seen Beau play. And when they curled up next to each other in the yard and licked each other's ears I almost cried.

Lanie had a reputation at the rescue center as being able to get along with any dog they had. Even the most difficult. I am convinced. It's like she knows exactly how to deal with Beau. We love her already.

Lanie was part of a program for 'at risk' youths here in LA called K9Connection. The kids spend three weeks working with rescue dogs training them so they can be adopted. It is a great program for both the kids and the dogs. I went to a park today in Santa Monica to watch Lanie and "her kid", Archie, graduate. I have included some photos.

Thumbnail by NY2CA
This thread has 298 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!