Ginkgo biloba 'DJ's Bowtie'

Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

Is anyone else growing this one? I'd like to compare notes. My growth is totally different this year. Last year I had definite little square bowties and this year I have unusual round/lobed leaves. The stiffest/thickest leaves I've ever seen on a Ginkgo. They feel like plastic. Also very dark green.

I can't find any pics anywhere on this cultivar. Anyone???

Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

Here's last year's leaf shape....

Thumbnail by dybbuk
Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

Here's today....

Thumbnail by dybbuk
Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

dybbuk - You have the greatest variety of plants, especially Ginkgo, that I have ever seen! I would love a tour of your garden! (Hint, hint ;-) !) How - cool - a "formal" tree - wearing it's bowtie -very nice! Samantha

Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Samantha,

Come on up! Might be better in a couple years though as most of mine are babies. I hope to have a Ginkgo forest....

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I want a tour too!!! I'm just a few hours away, though, you might never get me out of there : )

I agree, your Ginkgo collection is just fantastic. Where do you even find these?

Elizabeth

Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh, I'm obsessed. Lots of GOOGLING. I've driven 3 hours for one tree as the nursery didn't ship. Now I need more land.

Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

Was out with my camera and had to add another shot of this one. Just beautiful, thick, dark green leaves. Like no other.

Thumbnail by dybbuk

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.