Name needed please :-)

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

What am I ?

I had thought this was "Golden Glow" .. it was a 'Mystery Perennial' given to me by a friend .

Anyone got a name ?

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

"Golden Glow' is a Rudbeckia.The flower also resembles a Heliopsis.

Your plant doesn't really look like 'Golden Glow' Rudbeckia
http://selectseeds.com/products/p4360.html

Lynn

This message was edited Jul 31, 2008 12:23 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

It's a cultivar of Heliopsis helianthoides.

Thanks Alta.I thought it looked like my "Lorraine Sunshine',except for the variegation,but I wasn't sure.

Lynn

Thanks so much :-) All I can say is it's pretty .. when should I divide it .. spring ?

~M~

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

It looks like what we call a False Sunflower down here and they just self sow. Here is a pics of mine. BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62

Mine is a perennial and also self sows new plants if you do not pick off all the seedheads.You can also collect seeds.They can be divided when they are dormant.In zone 5a they bloom all the way through a light frost.
Lynn

Hmmm.. light frost COULD be the end of August here . sooooooooo.. I am going to start picking them a making bouquets :-)

~M~

The plant Altagardner is referring to is much hardier than mine.It may be winter hardy to zone 3.I'm not sure what your zone is.

Lynn

I'm in 3a .. and the plant was established in a fairly old perennial garden when I got it .. course .. when I got it .. there was NO TAG LoL .. my bud just handed me a bag of perennials and said 'have at'er' .. some I knew .. Phlox, Delphinium, Iris and Lily ..

~M~

Sounds like they will come back every year for you.

Fingers crossed .. they sure are a pretty flower :-)

~M~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.