What a difference a little air makes.

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

These here now old multi-layer cedar shingles have been taking a long time to put up, and don't count the times I've dropped a nail or tapped my finger instead. So I purchases a little air stapler and some galvanized staples and asks myself if maybe I shoulda done this long ago. 'Cept for a wee bit too much PSI's on the thinnest part of the shingle it works like a dream. Did more in a few hours today that woulda took days and lots of 'gosh darns' with the old hammer and nails before. Now if it don't rain, and I get back home soon and I don't run out of shingles, it might even get done before the first frost, or something.
In any event, the use of pneumatic nailers, and this stapler in particular, have certainly made assembling woodworking much more efficient, and done a better job by reducing the opportunity for splitting due to constant hammering. I love hand tools, but sometimes these old bones appreciate the "thud" of a nailer and the whir of a table saw. This wall will probably be my last, sniff. There aren't any walls left that I'm allowed to molest. lol

Thumbnail by balvenie
This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!