best yard sale find?

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 9b)

Hello,
I originally posted this on the Back Porch, and was directed to this forum. I didn't turn anything into a treasure - yet.. but I found a treasure to me..

So I recently moved from southern FL to northern CA. wow - what a great decision - but that's a whole other story.

In the move we got rid of a lot of stuff. And I vowed to myself that when I needed something (or wanted) for that matter I would try and buy it second hand.

I have been wanting a new teapot. One that has a harmonic whistle - and not the usual whistle. I've priced them online and they can be $70 and above. Gasp for a teapot?

anyway.. on Sunday while leisurely browsing the local flea market - what did I find? Whoa... that $70 teapot for SEVEN dollars. Almost brand new.. [happy dance]

I just love those great finds... to the guy selling it, it was just a teapot - to me... it was a TREASURE (well worth the wait to find it)..

Tell me bout you best finds at the flea market, swaps and yard sales..

Also found a very pretty decorative pillow for $2 (price tag was still on it... $49)

Ya gotta love it!

This thread has 158 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!