Cross-post from the Mosaic Forum

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Y'all. I posted this a few days ago on the mosaic forum, but it doesn't seem to have much traffic right now so I thought I'd try it here. Maybe someone can answer my original question, or maybe someone will have a completely different idea. I am open for ANYTHING.

I am so happy that I finally gut gutters on the garage and so are the hostas that live below them. Everytime we got a hard rain the poor things were splashed, smashed and sometimes trashed. Knowing my fondness for gardening my handiman asked if I'd like to have a couple of rain barrels instead of routing the water underground and I jumped at the chance. But now we run into the problem of how to pretty them up.

He had a couple of pickle barrels that he gave me for free and they're really quite sturdy. But boy do they stick out like a sore thumb, lol. I have several boxes of "frost resistant" ceramic tile that I bought a few years ago to use on a patio project but ended up going a different route instead. Would it be possible to do some kind of mosaic pattern on them using those broken tiles? I am totally at sea regarding finishes and adhesives, etc. so what I'm asking may be a reall silly question. But that was the sharpest idea I've come up with so far and before I take it any further I thought I'd see what the experts have to say.

Thanks in advance,
La

Thumbnail by Lala_Jane
This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!