About Roundup's and other like products' effectiveness ...

Charlotte, NC(Zone 8a)

After using these products, it seems to kill all right, but what it doesn't do is kill the roots. They are hanging on for dear life. When you dig the weed, the roots are still viable, regardless how long before that you used the product. It is not possible to just grab the top of the weed and give it a tug. You actually have to dig the weed because the roots are moist and alive, not shrunken. Now, what gives with this anyway? This really ticks me off that I still have to DIG the weed too, besides poisoning it!!!! LOL

Karin ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

For the real nasties like invasives and poison ivy, BrushBGone or Bayer Brush Killer (same ingredient, triclopyr) work well; usually kill with one application unless the thing is monster-size. The chemical does have a longer soil life than RoundUp, however, so I don't use it anywhere I plan to plant in the near future. I don't like using chemicals and try to avoid them whenver possible, but we moved into a property infested with poison oak, poison ivy, and Tree of Heaven, among other hard to kill nasties.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I think RU kills from the top down and you may just have to wait a bit longer for the roots to die.

Charlotte, NC(Zone 8a)

Thank you for your opinions!!

Karin ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.