What Have You Bought? Part 8

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

We are coming from here ....
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/860305/#new

Here's a brand-new Daylily just released this year ...
'Monadnock Midnight Visitor'.

Anna and I saw it today at the daylily farm that we visited. It stood out among the hundreds of other blooms and we noticed it the moment we walked onto the fields. More than a bit pricey, but we just HAD to have it.

Thumbnail by Candyce

Another of our new DL babies, 'Lullaby Baby'.

Thumbnail by Candyce
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Oh those are sure winners Candyce. You know that when you go to one of these DL farms ( we have one close-by too) that you will not come back empty handed, but still always get more beauties than you ever thought you would. Here is a pic of the one near here, Tranquil Lake.

Thumbnail by ngam

Oh my goodness! How lovely!
You are right about not returning hime empty-handed. Davis Brook Farm was holding their 13th Annual Daylily Extravaganza, and we, well Anna, dropped over a hundred bucks! It was too easy! What saved us though, was the 'buy three get one free' lure.

I wrote about them in the 'Go Gardening' section.
http://davesgarden.com/products/go/view/19434/

Thumbnail by Candyce
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice, Candyce.

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Candyce, my lovely lady, I'll post my lovely butterfly bushes today before the big rain we had! Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen

Another one although they do not look like bushes but big trees! Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen

One last one and I will not bother any one!!! Clem

Thumbnail by Clemen

Clem, those are such beautiful Butterfly Bushes!! It's not a bother at all to look at those photos. You must be so proud of them. They are gorgeous!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

whoa... those are huge

Thank you guys and I do trim them believe it or not! Clem

Look at this tripple Yellow datura, I purchased it on line in February, has been blooming for about two weeks now!

Thumbnail by Clemen
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOVE THAT

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Wow , what a beauty! Nice buy.

Co-op you may be interested in:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/883190/

NIce link Victor, I specially like those alliums!

Here is another tripple purple Dat that I ordered too in the Spring! BTW I will have seeds in the fall if anyone wants some. Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I would love some Clem!

One wish, your wish is my wish, just d mail me to keep you in mind! How is that round up going??? I only wish!

Here is a lovely lobelia Cardinalis, blooms bright red in full shade, wow! not too many palnts do that! Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well it's not really a round up... looking sort of bleak getting the 12 needed... thank you Clem!!!

that is a nice lobelia

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

I can't post everything that I purchased...lol...That is a thread in and of itself. To date, this is also including bonuses from the lily auction, 45+ new DL's. The hosta library has an auction for hostas...lol...I have been keeping Jack and Gary from Naylor Creek busy, and Jim from Jim's Hostas, and Berdine (I believe she is a fellow DG'er), to date, about 40+ new hosta varieties...some were bonuses (Jim from Jim's Hostas always sends a bonus with each order!). All of the sales I have encountered...the 50% off sales are the worst for me...To date, about 7 new Conifers (all dwarf) a few new Echis, the peonies that I got for dirt cheap, and some odds and ends...lol. I placed an order with Bryans Botanicals for a Red Abyssinian Banana, and 2 additional (different cultivars) Elephant Ears, I believe it was Milky Way, and Pink Stem, or Pink China, something like that.
I think I'm done for the year...although, I have said that about 10 times already...lol.

Yes you have, Thom. Fall shipping starts in a month!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Woo Hoo! Fall shipping! I just bought:

2 Geranium "Rozanne", 1 Clethera "Ruby Spice", 3 Brunnera, 2 Veronica "Crater Lake Blue" and 1 Helebore. Phew!

From GC?

Just about to bloom, another bru I acquired this summer! Clem

She is almost 12 inches long and has not oppened yet!

Thumbnail by Clemen
Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

No, from Lazy S's Farm. I forget what brought me to them. I've ordered from them before and always recieved a nice product.

Can't wait Clem!

Harper

Harper me neither, I have others but this is the longest I've ever had!

Another one anyway!

Thumbnail by Clemen
Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Beautiful!

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

Fall shipping...

*&^%

I know what that means! I will, come heck or high water, get my Oxydendrum. That's probably going to be my last "big" splurge. Unless MJ Meadows has another DL sale athon...lol.

My oxy is already turning bronze-ish. Looks nice since it still has its little white flowers.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Ensata has my check for these four JI's
Alpine Majesty
Frost Plum
Greyswood Social Butterfly
Fringed Cloud

Thumbnail by ge1836

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.