Tree ID from Blurry Internet Picture? Frivolty Concentrated

Denver, CO

Comrades;
I stumbled on a webpage and was caught skipping a heartbeat at the colour of a certain flowering tree- the first photograph's coral-orange beast. I've read most of the exhaustive history provided and still dont' know what it is. Or perhaps it is too late at night to be doing this.
Any ideas?

Thanks for looking, friends:
http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/ilex7/glebegardenhtml/maryglebe.html

K. James

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Sorry, too low resolution to tell! Not sure it isn't autumn leaf colour rather than flowers.

Resin

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

My first thought was fall color not flowers as well. They mention a lot of things along the lines of crabapples, that would fit in terms of the size and good fall color although without some leaf detail there is no way to be sure what it is. As I skimmed through looking at the types of plants they were growing, I also became more convinced that it is a deciduous tree showing its fall color rather than something with bright orange flowers.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Many of the plants mentioned are stuff we grow around here. Looking through the list I see Photinia 'Red Robin' which strikes me as the most likely from the list. There's mention of Amelanchier but it tends to be more open and upright growth but has orangey foliage. I'm trying to figure out which part of the house the plant belongs to and I can only suspect it is the front entrance (Approach to the the House). The shape kinda reminds me of the variegated Salix but the foliage is too bold. I'm still thinking of the Photinia.

Thumbnail by growin
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Yes, Photinia is a good possibility too if the picture is from earlier in the year, its new growth is a spectacular shade of red. I'm just so used to seeing it grown as a shrub that I wasn't even thinking of it in a tree form, but they can be grown that way too and it would definitely look that color from a distance.

Denver, CO

Thanks for all of your help, and the splendid shot, Growin.
(K)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.