Credenza, refinishing. Am I in the right forum?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Here is a pic of the credenza that I am refinishing. Still trying to figure all of these forums out & don't know if I am in the right one!!!
If so, got this piece from a friend of mine that was just going to throw it away---to nice a piece---& couldn't let that happen!
I build cabinets & do a lot of furniture refinishing, also do a lot of other types of woodworking.
Have spent quite a lot of time redoing this piece & still have some work to do on it, but it was in really bad shape when I got it!!!!
The worst part of all---they had the entire dining-room set & let it go to the trash!!!
Could-not even tell the color of the wood or what type when I first got it--it was so covered with wax & body oils that it was black!
I"m getting carried away with this---love wood!!!!
Even if I am in the wrong forum---is this not some of the most beautiful wood & woodworking you have ever seen??
Didn't even know it was there myself until I uncovered it!!!!

Thumbnail by Camillia84
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!