How should I fertilize my new adeniums?

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Last week I got a shipment of plants from Snow Belt Adeniums. I all potted all up into 8" unglazed terra cotta Azalea pots. I have started to water them lightly. Should I fertilized them with a high phosphorus fert, to encourage re-rooting? A "more balanced" slow release formula? What formulation may be better? Our days will continue to be in the mid to high 90's for a couple months. Present night temps are in the low 70's....and will start to drop some in another month (?). The plants are beng acclimated to full sun. Any ideas...??

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

I wouldnt feed or water till they leaf out or youll get rot,
Then a balanced 10-10-10 at first so you dont burn the new roots then later down the line 20-20-20

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Malestrom. They came complete with leaves...and one even had buds about to open. I gave up on any response from this forum, and applied a slow release 16-2-14 with minors on all nine plants. Unfortunately....the remnants of huricane Dolly dumped quite a bit of rain of these newbies. Unusual to have the effects of a hurricane in southern NM. Just my luck..? Hope they don't rot.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.