Hurricane Dolly

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Starting this thread so that we can hear from everyone in Dolly's path, it tends to get lost among the other threads. Please let us know that you and your families are all okay.

My thoughts are with you all.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Hear Hear!!! Thanks for starting that Jen.

Carol

West Bay, Cayman Islands(Zone 11)

Good afternoon Jen and Carol....We had Dolly pass thru here last weekend but was still named 94L...had lots of rain and a bit of wind and that's it! South Padre Island and the South Texas coast didn't fair so well....

It's still very early in the 2008 'Cane Season and we keep our watchful eyes open....Preparedness chores all done, just have to secure shutters when and if we are threatened...Hopefully not!! Thanks for starting the thread and for your thoughts and prayers...

john

Aloha John,

So glad Dolly passed by you as 94L.! You get hit too often as it is..How wise of you to have everything ready for the season. I am afraid that my house would not survive a hurricane as we have quite a high profile and it's only the termites that hold it together anyway. We are told to go to the local school in case of a hurricane, but I don't have too much faith in the small wooden classrooms we have here. I have often thought that we should build a bunker into the hill we have at the bottom of the garden!

How are you getting on with your diet? I expect you are fit and trim by now! Been diving lately?

Warmest Aloha

Jen

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Jen....couldn't you find a corner under the deck?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Evening news tells of 118,000 homes still without power. Also tarantulas and fire ants are floating in the flood waters. In other floods I have heard of snakes being a real trial. I can't imagine such horror.

God love their hearts.

LOL, Carol - I don't think I would feel very safe under the lanai, perhaps if there were a concrete structure under there...hum, perhaps it could be pink to match the paths!

How awful for the poor souls without power and dealing with the fire ants and snakes floating around trying to climb on something to get out of the water *shudder*. Sorry, I haven't seen this on the news here, where is this happening Christi? How very dreadful!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

On the South Padre Island and parts of Brownsville. The Island took the biggest hit as it is a barrier island. Top of the tourist season. Only 1 injury in the beginning. A teenager was standing on the balcony of the 7th floor and the wind sucked him off. Wonder where the parents were?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

What was left of Dolly came thru last night and today. Probably got close if not over 5 inches of rain. Lots of flooding in some areas but far as I know not around me. Rain didn't quit til late afternoon.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

We haven't had any rain since it came thru last week. I watered the other day, and if it doesn't rain tomorrow will have to water again. We're still down several inches for the year!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We are above our average for the year. We started watering last week and continued til the other day.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

So far no rain for today, so I guess I'll be watering tonight. Everything is really dry.
Except for the periwinkles most things have all bloomed. We do have baby bananas on three trees and lots of lemons growing on the neighbor's trees at our back fence. Amaryllis, papaya, and hibiscus seedlings are growing well, so have to keep them babies watered!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.