Feedback requested for Solexx greenhouses

Flagstaff, AZ

I am doing research on greenhouses and keep coming back to the Solexx brand. Does anyone have knowledge of this material? I live in a VERY windy area and need something that will tolerate the wind on a budget. I also live at 7000 ft elevation and need something that will withstand the atmosphere. Are there others that you have found to tolerate high winds? Thank you!

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

I have a Rion GH46 that has withstood 60+mph winds with no damage. It's bolted to a 4x6 treated base, which is bolted to a concrete pad. If I get damage from winds higher than that, I'm pretty sure my insurance will cover it. =)

HTH,
Eggs

Flagstaff, AZ

Thank you for your input, Eggs. I'll look at the Rion, also.

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm wondering how the Rion is holding up for you Eggs? Any complaints or "wish I would haves"? What about with size? I'm seriously thinking, but like Love50, am looking for one that holds up well. By the way love50, what did you ever decide on & what do you think now?

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

No problems, structurally. Of course, I wish it was bigger. =) Only thing I've had to do to it, that wasn't included in the kit, was to run silicone beads in certain areas to make it a bit more air-tight. That helped tremendously this past winter. I hold 60 degrees in the winter, with two 1500W electric heaters, and it keeps within about 10 degrees of outside temps in summer, with only one 12" fan.

I do wish sometimes that I'd have built in on a kneewall, just for added height, but I'm happy with it as it is. =)

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

congrats then, that's so good to hear. I definitely have to look into these then. I doubt I can get the money together this winter, but I can start putting away for it now & sometime next year, I'll be good to go. Thanks Eggs! Looks like there may be one more thread on this forum re: greenhouses, guess I'll start reading that too.

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

Yup, the stressbaby thread has great info!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.