Pictures from my garden

Kealakekua, HI

I took some pics of the yard today. Hope you like them.

Thumbnail by mlassi
Kealakekua, HI

Bamboo and ginger patch.

Thumbnail by mlassi
Kealakekua, HI

Still working on clearing the junk out.

Thumbnail by mlassi
Kealakekua, HI

Begonias

Thumbnail by mlassi
Kealakekua, HI

Red begonia

Thumbnail by mlassi
Kealakekua, HI

I cant credit for most of the plantings. The magnolia was planted in 1913 when my husband's grandmother was born. The veggie patch I have worked on with a friend. Hubby cleared out the junk with his tractor so we could plant.

Thumbnail by mlassi
Keaau, HI

The bamboo patch is actually variegated giant reed, Arundo donax 'Versicolor'.

What is the tree? Are those white flowers on it? Maybe Magnolia grandifolia.

Kealakekua, HI

the first pic is of a magnolia. thanks! I'm lucky to know which is a weed and which isnt!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Lovely photos mlassi, how very nice and green everything looks! Veggie patch looks as if it's going to be productive - thanks for the glimpse into your world!

Jenny

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Great Garden. Nice space too.
What type of Fern tree's are those?

Keaau, HI

The tree-ferns are Cibotium glaucum, Hawaiian Hapu'u!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks! My friend has tree ferns that look pretty much like that, and he was a bit perplexed because I have C Cooperi, which is pretty large..he was wondering why there was such a difference, and I thought it was a bit of different type.

Rj

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Austrailian tree ferns are the most popular, everywhere I have lived. I use em as often as I can on my jobs.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I have such a difficult time with them at smaller stages. Seems that after 2 years of keeping them alive, then they really grow. Mine are in the ground though and hence the issues when they're smaller. I think I will keep young ones in pots the first year or two.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.