Late Summer - What do you have blooming?

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Ooops sorry beahive : )

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Pink Lily

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

No problem Meridith.. I love the color of your phlox! Very nice!

A raspberry

Thumbnail by BeaHive

Lots of Zinnia are blooming now.

Thumbnail by Meredith79
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I adore zinnia! I can't get enough of them.

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2

Wow Anita that picture is really cool! All your Zinnia are beautiful!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks Meredith - I'm lovin' yours as well. I just got back in from collecting some seed. I'm hoping they will germinate with next year's wintersowing. I also purchased a whole bunch of packets.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

A pink zinnia

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Outrageous blooms again

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

It's September and these sweetpeas are still going & going.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

I think this may be the last bloom on my Clematis for this season.
So Sad!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I generally don't like to use annuals, but I'm becoming a great zinnia fan - they are beautiful. I'll have to print off your display photographs to keep me going over the winter.

Bea - I can't believe how beautiful your sweet peas are - usually by this time I find them covered in aphids and spider mites.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I love zinnia. This is my first year planting them from seeds and they are fantastic. The flowers last forever!

Anita, that is very cool what you did with your zinnia photos. What kind of software did u do that on?

I also started some sweet peas from seeds but they are not blooming...

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks - I use Lumapix - http://www.lumapix.com/

Here are a few from today

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2

This is my first year planting from seeds. I did not have high expectation and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was!!!

Spanish Flag finally bloomed. It's taking over my mailbox. The poor mailman had to write the house number inside my mailbox 'cause you can't see it.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Cool Anita. Thanks, I downloaded.

Also have Thunbergia vine on my mailbox. It's blooming like crazy, but no seed pod.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

and some Morning Glory Cameo Elegance

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

a "square" Flying Saucer. It's supposed to be a pentagon shape but it's missing one side...

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Butterfly Ginger just started blooming and the fragrance is heady.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

And jasmine sambac been blooming profusely since May. Clusters of blooms.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

OK. Last one.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Man do I wish we had smell-a-vision! lol

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Beautiful photos! I'm going to have to plant some zinnias next year! Gorgeous color and blooms.

LOL! Me too! Have you ever been to DisneyWorld? At Magic Kingdom, there is this 3D show called Philharmagic (something like that???) and it has smell-o-vision. There's this part with an apple or cherry pie and you can smell it. Mmmm! And the carpet ride is pretty cool too - makes you kind of dizzy.

Oh that sounds sooo fun! I've never been, but hopefully in a few years me and the family can make it. I just want to wait until the littlest is old enough to enjoy it : )

Yes. One of mine might be getting too old for it soon. So sad...

Oh, but I forgot. I found this on Friday. It's a ginger. Never seen such a thing, it looks like an orchid. Called Dancing Ladies Ginger. I saw some photos of one with lighter pink skirts.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

That is beautiful! I love interesting flowers like orchids. They look so complex : )

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

My roses are in their fall flush after blooming all summer too. I have lots of zinnias. I love things that reseed, feed the birds and my soul-so I have plenty of cosmos and zinnias in my yard. This is a mini rose Cracklin fire, an ageratum and I think a sweet allysum blooming now.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Cosmo with a salvia in the background. Lovely photos everyone. Beahive, my zinnias look like yours and that Outrageous rose is lovely! Just my favorite color of rose.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Cactuspatch. Wow! I have not seen an orange cosmos. Beautiful!
Saving seeds?
The Outrageous Rose is fantastic. This is the first year I have really added orange into my garden. It really plays nicely with the yellows and blues.

I wanted to show off my little Flower Spider. Someone of spider id forum helped identify him.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Found this little purple flower ( delphinium of some sort? ) popping up today. Very spindly looking but a beautiful bloom.
Looks blue in the photo. It is deep royal purple.

Thumbnail by BeaHive

BeaHive, that is beautiful and unique looking. The color is so intense.

Cactus patch lovely as usual : )

Lilimerci that is the prettiest spider I've ever seen. I didn't realize they came in pretty ; )

Wow Beahive that blue flower is really pretty! It looks like it's growing with a fern. Maybe if it had more sun it would be even more stunning and less spindly. (I bet you were already thinking that though.) : )

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

That is a cute spider. We have some that are white here, but just that they have adapted to the white sand.

Yes Beahive, I am saving a few seeds. I always gather a few seeds to share if you want some. I enjoy watching birds eat many of them and never plant any, they just come up all over the yard every year. I got the first seeds over 20 years ago from a friends yard. These were planted by birds (I guess) outside our courtyard wall and came up in the gravel. You can see they attract lots of butterflies. The rabbits aren't eating them, so I just let them be and pull out when they are done blooming. I don't water them outside the wall either!

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Minneapolis, MN

Everyone's pictures are gorgeous. I love the smellavision comment.. This is a kind of blurry shot of Angelica and a Cleome. I zoomed in too close. I have to try again.

Thumbnail by Sandra_D

Wishbone flowers are blooming again.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Tons of buds on my epi phyllantus

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

New Dawn must have heard I was going to trim her and gave me a spurt of roses again.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

another pretty rose by the fence. No id.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.