Late Summer - What do you have blooming?

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Datura, Double Purple

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Bea - I love your blue and purples. Do you know what the name of that anemone is?

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Shirley,
Does that morning glory take over or is it well behaved? It's beautiful. I have this stuff ??? that vines around everything and gets these tiny pinkish flowers and fight it constantly. My husband said it was morning glory. But it is not.
Sherry

Thanks, Sherrygirl. Morning Glory will take over everything....if you let it. Therefore, I grow mine in a container and let it twine itself on my deck railing.

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

My Rubrum Lilies are starting : )

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Here's Sunset Hyssop, which is becoming one of my favorites. I found it hard to get a good picture of these, but here is my best shot at it : )

Thumbnail by Meredith79

This is Delphinium exaltatum again but these are still blooming and I was surprised to see a different variation in color. Beahive I plan on saving seeds from these if you would like some LMK : )

Thumbnail by Meredith79

The other pic was slightly blury so here's another.

Thumbnail by Meredith79
(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

That last pic is so pretty. I like the mood of the lighting. Very pretty garden.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Dephinium "Pegan Purple"..it's a beauty!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Been waiting and waiting for these sweetpeas to bloom. Today is the day! Beautiful fushia color!

Thumbnail by BeaHive

Thank you staceysmom : )
Bea very nice! I love that color sweet pea!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Orange glad

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

sunflower

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

coneflower

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

wow, your photos are really great...what kind of camera are you using? I think you should enter that sunflower one in the DG photo contest this year...It would surely get my vote, that is so amazing!

we have one little 4" pot of violas still blooming

Thumbnail by wind
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

wind..thanks for the vote of confidence! I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 . Love the camera..just wish it was a pocket size.

Rudbeckia

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I wait all year for the Rudbeckia. Is that Indian Summer?

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi Katie..I have no idea, but the blossoms are about 5-6 inches across. HUGE!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

So wonderful. I have to keep the dogs from eating mine all spring and early summer when they start to emerge (that and echinacea). It's crazy.

But once they're big, the dogs seem to let them go. I love that the blossoms are so huge. I didn't realize that they got so big.

Hope your summer is going well and that you're tolerating the heat. I'll be driving by down to Corvallis on Saturday morning and will send some "hello" thoughts your way.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

I call this "Summer Songfest", because it looks like the Ditch Daylily with its back to us is a microphone that the other flowers are singing into!
They are magenta Phlox, blue Balloon Flower, and Tiger Lilies.

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

And, of course, what's a butterfly bush without a butterfly? Swallowtail on lower mid-bush.

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Rudbeckia 'Irish Eyes'.

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Japanese Lily just opened a few days ago. 'Uchida'. In the background are Nicotiana and 'Becky' Shasta Daisies.

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Last pic is the Hydrangea tree.

Other blooms right now are Asclepias, Zinnia, Morning Glory, Thunbergia, Marigold, Gaillardia, Physostegia, Coreopsis, Bell Flower, Violas, Annual Phlox 'drummondii', Cosmos, Portulaca, Kiss-Me-Over-The-Garden-Gate (pink, and white), roses, Penstemon (from seed), Crown Vetch, and others, I'm sure!

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

PSue that last one looks so lovely, like a fairytale illustration! ; )

Datura

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Japanese M.G., "Velvet Plum"

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Yellow rose bud

Thumbnail by BeaHive

Lots of great pics of lots of beautiful blooms!
Lilly 'Sorbonne'

Thumbnail by staceysmom
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

This Helianthus is in its second year. I am hoping it is not going to croak after it finishes its flowering cycle. It has been blooming since April and doesn't appear to be slowing down.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Zinnia don't do well here, it is too warm and wet in the summer months. They get leggy, are prone to disease and the snail love them as salad food. This is the first time I have seen a nice planting of them.

This is a 'commercial' planting of Profusion Zinnia I saw in front of the Time/Life call center.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I like coleus, they are easy>

Love the color flow of the zinnias, but those coleus look fantastic! Wow!

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Yep, Coleus can be very showy>

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

That pink lily is so pretty, I need to get one that color all mine are yellow or orange. I love zinnias and they do wonderfully here, if I keep them deadheaded I have several months of blooms.

Here is one of my first hibiscus blooms : ) I am always way behind everyone else with hibiscus even people only a couple minute drive away. I don't know why!

Thumbnail by Meredith79
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Green glads

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Tons of black eyed susans

Thumbnail by BeaHive

David's Lavender Phlox. I am actually a little disappointed in these, all the leaves on the bottom dried up and no other phlox in my yard are like that. I think I might move them in fall to give them a chance in a different spot.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.