Late Summer - What do you have blooming?

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Corryton Pink daylily

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Little NOID daylily. This one is only a few inches off the ground. So cute!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

BeaHive, your NOID daylily looks a lot like Siloam June Bug.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/22406/

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

brigidlily..I am in zone 7 . I am surprised also that I still have sweetpeas...but we had almost no spring here..I am finding dutch iris's this week also. I thought those were long passed.

figaro52.. I think you are correct. I did buy some Siloam June Bug's
but did not mark them. Thanks

Maybe you know what these are. Found these this evening. Very small and very pretty! I never marked any plants until joining DG.
I know better now..

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Boy, Meredith, don't push it! I think it's still mid-summer LOL! But, you know, flower-wise it seems like late summer. Some of my late summer blooms have come and gone already - maybe the lack of rain this year (until this week!).

Here are my Sweet Peas just opening. They're supposed to be a Spring bloom, but only if I start them indoors in February! Plus, this year I potted them instead of in the ground, and on the north/east corner of the house, instead of south.

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Gilmer, TX(Zone 8b)

Tigridia Mexicana

Thumbnail by MiniPonyFarmer
Gilmer, TX(Zone 8b)

Fancy Zinnia from seed

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8b)

Charles Darwin, a David Austin Rose

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8b)

Europeana, pink pentas, purple salvia

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8b)

More fancy zinnia from seed

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

minyponyfarmer - all your blooms are beautiful!
Primrose sue - I agree it is definitely mid-summer here as well. The only reason I put late summer was because the previous threads were a month ahead to accommodate the warmer zone gardeners. If we go by calendar it is still considered mid summer until about Aug 22nd. : )

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8b)

Bed I just finished creating

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8b)

Lovers Delite

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice looking bed! I really like the rock you put around it. Love your walkway too. Whatcha going to plant in your new bed?

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8b)

I hired the walk professionally; it is made out of flagstone.
The iron ore rocks are abundant in this area (East Texas). I love to go "rock huntin" in the golf cart in the evenings.

I have on my porch available for planting: purple tiny leaved ornamental peppers, light pink pentas, a variety of roses that would stay smallish, a dozen or so asiatic hybrid lilies hot pink with yellow throat, and a bucket of daffodil bulbs. So that is probably what will go there!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Pink Glads

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

These pink and red glads were facing the fence so had to coax them to face me for this picture. Sure are pretty!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Stargazer lily

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

red glads with white edge

Thumbnail by BeaHive

MiniPonyFarmer sounds like it will be a very pretty planting. I love the ornamental peppers. I had some last year but they didn't show up at the garden centers until later in the season this year.

Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

Strangely enough, larkspurs.
Granted, they were planted rather late, and are in a semi-shaded location, but I really expected them to be blooming much earlier than this..

Thumbnail by artemiss

BeaHive, I cannot identify the orange daylily -- I know it's not Fulva and I know it's not Lady Lucille. However, it's very beautiful as are all of your flowers! Your red glad with the white edge is "Atom". I believe it's an antique. That one multiplies so quickly for me.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

BeaHive, your glads are so pretty!

Denison, TX

This is my side yard in front of the pond. I have giant rudbeckia, john fanick phlox, laura bush petunia, ageratum, esperanza, purple cone flower, purslane, passion flower, cypress vine, saliva, and more in this bed. It is over 100 degrees here now so I don't know how much longer they will hold on!

trixi

Thumbnail by Texas_Trixi

Trixi, very, very pretty. I love that pink salvia. I had some of it a few years ago. It self seeded really nicely for awhile but didn't come back this year.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Part of my front yard with everything in bloom!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

My backyard pond and surrounding blooms.

Thumbnail by BeaHive

What beautiful settings! Gorgeous -- both front and back yards!

Bea, looks gorgeous. Nice to finally see your entire gardens all at once instead of just the individual pics of blooms you usually post. Although I love the up-close and personal pics also. You have a real knack. Both for growing flowers and photographing them.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks..I am really enjoying this garden. Three's a charm as the saying goes. This is the third home I have owned and my best garden yet. Looking forward to one day buying a home with an acre or two..to keep me busy for the rest of my life without having to move again!
A little sunflower.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Tomah, WI

BeaHive- Your yard & gardens are gorgeous!

Denison, TX

Ditto!!!

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Bea, what a great front yard! I'm sure guests can spot your house quickly when they come to visit!

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

It has been hot and I have been busy did discover a couple new blooms while out watering the other day. A dahlia from the clearance bin I had forgotten about.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

The first of my volunteer sunflowers. About 14 ft tall

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

...and '' David '' Phlox , my first year with this one.

Thumbnail by gardengus

My ajuga is blooming. Have never seen it bloom this time of year.

Thumbnail by staceysmom

gardengus, your clearance dahlia is so pretty.
Spotted Dead Nettle

GayLynn

Thumbnail by staceysmom

Gaillardia

Thumbnail by staceysmom
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Cinda - 14 feet tall!!! Wow! You're gonna love your David phlox - they're wonderful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.