She's about to .....#8 : )

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

We're here discussing brugs, etc. Come in and join in the hilarity! This is my noid Pendulous Pink (a couple years ago) when it was just a baby.. this year I can't even reach the top.

Thumbnail by AuntB
(Cathy), MO

The link isn't working Bonnie

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Cat, it's gotta be working.. let me try again.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

It's working, pretty one.

This message was edited Jul 22, 2008 9:08 AM

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Of couese, hot pink! (You should've seen what a typo I made! Didn'y hit the t!
Is that you, Peg?(Tee hee hee)! It's 98 right now!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Audrey! Be careful, it was an index finger stroke, not a pinkie stroke. lol How is your pinkie today, better? Peg, those are some nice looking plants in your garden.... and that plant with the blue "stems" with the can of soda? Oh, THAT's DH! Peg, is he working out there with the injured hand or just showing you what needs done? Sure glad he's getting that taken care of and I hope it's very soon, for both your sakes.

I know, Aunt B! That's why I fixed it, can't use that as an excuse! Pinky's better, so far. Getting a little sore, but I've been using it all day! Think I'll go use the Active-On again! It does help!!

(Cathy), MO

I know we are all just goofing around, but you know it would be kind of neat for everyone to have matching tshirts. Maybe just a plain one with a hot pink "DG HOTTIES" across the front?

I'm not jokin' about hot pink! One of my favorite colors! My size would be 3xxx, please! So I'll have room to move!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I think it'd be cute, too Cat. And they could be roomy and comfy, like Peg described. I sure hope we CAN have a BIG DG Hotties convention some day. Now how did you get that "would" to be bold??? Audrey I've used Active on, on my knees, it does help.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I like hot pink, too, Doe. I'm wearing a HOT pink shirt today, with orange as the accent color, WILD.

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Aunt B, is this our new hottie thread, I am confused???

I love that brug up there,can you send one to me, lol, Clemen

Aunt B, I've asked that before, and got no ans!! Must be a secret!
Clem, just the same ole' bunch! We ARE Hotties, no matter where we are!!
I'm wearing teal, with a bleach hole right about where the belly button is!!!^_^

Ok now I see it, for a moment I thought I was in another planet, lol.

Here is my cutting that I planted early May and now ready to bloom! Brazilian Pink, yippie! Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen

You hottie Doe! hee, hee,Clem

(Cathy), MO

Ok, when the time comes, I'll volunteer to get the tshirts! As long as I know how many and sizes ahead of time. Anyone have any idea what they would cost?

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Hello hotties, I’m still reading along, so much going on in this thread.
AuntB, That pink burg is fantabulis. Had to make that word up.
Clemen, You are a lucky lady, blooms coming on everything. That’s real sweetie
Donna

Clem, I didn't even know about brugs in May! Or maybe that's when I first heard of them. Mine may not even bloom this year. I may have got them to late.

99* here now!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Aw, Audrey, I hope you get some this year! And if you don't, look out next spring or this winter, if you let them grow inside. And EVERYONE, Audrey has the HOTTIE ATTITUDE, too! "We ARE Hotties, no matter where we are" YAY Audrey!! Yes, Clemen, I'll look for a place on her to snag a cutting for you. YES, THIS IS THE HOTTIE THREAD.. :) Kim mentioned #7 was getting long and it took forever so I started #8 (my boss is gone today ;) her's must be looking over her shoulder). Donna, thanks for the new word.. fantabulis, I like it! I wish PP would have stayed short, but she's tall now, at least 3 ft above my head and getting ready to bloom. Clemen that little plant and that great big bud, so cute..I like the impatients too! Your gardens must smell wonderful! How many brugs do you have blooming right now?? I think you're Her Hotness, cause you have SO many blooming and about to!

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I need to fertilize and do some repotting and it is toooo hot! Boy sure doesn't take long to fill up a thread here! lol I am gonna be at the big ru and I for sure want to be in the mini round up!!! Oh no tube tops for me! I don't need a new belt thanks...

Should I put more of mine in the ground? I'm out of pots, and some of mine are double potted! I did some of them like that so I could take some to my friend in Ala. I'm gonna leave them. Also, should I plant my cereus outside? I saw where someone did.I have several cuttings inside.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Louise, I was thinkin we could use the old tube tops for head bands or thigh warmers! lol I thought you weren't going to make it to the ru, I'm SO happy I was confused... again. lol Maybe we can plan a big Hottie convention for next spring? I'm way over my travel budget this year with my greenhouse tour early in spring and Drew & me going to SC and the local DG RU and mini hottie vennie. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts.. just throw em up here on the table.. we have hotties from all Rhode Island to Texas and Cal to the east coast... Central location might be St. Louis, they have a big airport and facilities to try to keep us contained. (lol) Mo. Botanical Gardens there, it's always great, even if you've been there many times, they also have a butterfly house... just throwin stuff out for pondering.

(Cathy), MO

Sounds good to me. I'm already busy designing custom tshirts! LOL

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Audrey, try a nursery or greenhouse. I bought 5 gal black nursery pots for $3 ea. It's really helping me keep the brugs moving along from pot to bigger pot. If you have them in the ground and they are getting big, you'll need to mulch them good to have them come back from the roots in Spring. The first freeze would kill the growth above soil level, so you could whack it off and have for cuttings before the freeze. But they would have to have a nice established root ball. I hope I'm telling you right, I know that's how it is in Zone 8, not sure about 7. Not sure about the cerus, I don't think it would work because they aren't fast growers like brugs.

You guys crack mw up, now I am the hotness, so funny. Well lets see, mama brug FINALLY has buds, and then I have maybe about 5 more about to bloom, yippie, hottie Clem so happy, gotta go make dinner now, see ya later, Clemen

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I can't wait to see the t shirt. I will take one in size 1x please! They usually run about $12.00 to $15.00, maybe a little more. It all depends on where you have them screen printed, or embroidered! Embroidery cost more.
Wish I had the machine to do that. Maybe someday.
Clem and AuntB, such beauties you have blooming...
Linda Kay

I am getting a t shirt program for my grooming shop so maybe I can do the iron ons. I just made my post go bye bye, hate when I do that. Been busy running in and out , working on the garden and making pickles. Saint louis sounds good to me!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Crazy Hotties!!! head bands and thigh warmers lolol : ) and yes Louise I don't need another belt either ; } hehehe.
MEM update...I took this before work.. she is a nice dark pink.

Thumbnail by kimarj

oooo aahhh another pretty!!! I like my shirts in mens xl. I like the longer sleeves of mens t's. Hides my upper arm wavers...

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL.. hottie girlies... this was soo nice to come home and have all this chatter.. some X-rated..lol.. string bikinis... yeah.. NOT in this lifetime.. in fact NEVER in my lifetime...heheTY for the new thread.. my ol puter was lugging to get to the bottom..
Purty blooms.. girls!! I think I have my brugs in too much shade... I had cuttings in April, and if Clem has BLOOMS from MAY cuttings.. I am really doing something wrong...gotta figure this out girls!!
OHHH.. I LOVE the hot pink t-shirt idea... even if I can't come...waaaaa.. I want a T-shirt!! I like Dave's Hottie Sis's!! Don't you know somweone would be thinking.. Daves??? Like an older group of Hugh Heffners GIRLS...ROTF!!!
Louise.. I hear you about the upper arm.. waving like the flag..hehe... I like the longer arms of the mens T-shirts too..
Peg.. sooo glad you are back home with us.. I am glad your DH will be getting the surgery over with.. didn't you say in the morning?? He's a hottie too.. but we aint gonna tell him.. MEN have too big oh heads as it is..hehe I do wish ya'll luck and my blessings.. for a speedy recovery!!
Audrey.. I don't think the cereus will survive in the ground since it is a succulent
WELCOME Donna_11...and Hibiscus.. always nice to come back home to a new face... you're in for great fun times on this thread..
cat.. you go girl.. on the design of the t-shirts.. it's nice to know we have a multi talented group here

WE had a ball today looking for the "cheap" stuff.. hehe.. I also found a gallon glass jar for our squirrel feeder for 1$.. yay.. they are soo hard to find!! My DD found lots of good clothes her DD can wear.. IN THE DUMPSTER!!! Some even still had the tags on them!!..OH...ME.. now the truth is out.. I am a dumpster diver..hehe, but I sure have found lots of good stuff in them.. my kids hated it when they were young.. they would hide in the car.. but I see some of it has rubbed off...LOL I got several winter clothes for 50 cents each at the goodwill here.. ohh I LUV those kind of bargains... I have rambled on enough.. gotta go see if my flowers are still alive in this heat.. OHHH.. got the a/c fixed for 90 $.. Best 90 $ I ever spent.. course.. we probably used 90$ in electricity.. cause DH didn't shut any of the windows!!! S M A R T.. man I married...... humph....hehe

lol beck , you are my kind of girl. I love a good bargain and I love thrift stores! I dumpster dived for plants this spring and got an entire flat of sweet potato vines, licorice vine, red rubin basil and coleus. They threw them all out because they looked ratty. Sure look nice now!! I have the sp filling several different beds and containers.

Thumbnail by lavender4ever
(Cathy), MO

Ok how about this for a start?

Thumbnail by cat64129
South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Cat, That's a great shirt. Fantastic job, bravo, "applause"

(Cathy), MO

Trying to download a picture of a brug for a hot pink one now. This is fun! You can put anything on these! :-)

(Cathy), MO

Hey I was thinking, if we get iron-on tshirts, I wonder if we could somehow get a picture of one of our own brug blooms scanned and iron it on??? The first one on this thread would work AuntB! That would somehow make them even more special.

wow that is cool and so quick too! WTG Cat!

(Cathy), MO

The online ones can be designed any way we want, but are probably more expensive than most of us would want. Out of curiosity, I checked price on the design I just posted & they would be almost $21 each. There's gotta be a cheaper way to go.

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

arent there programs where you just take a pix and print it onto an iron on?

yep I have my eye on one now 24.95 . I want it for my shop.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.