Lets have a big welcome...."""anitasgarden""" Saugutuck, Mi

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome to the greatest garden site.. Hope you will enjoy yourself..and have fun..Tell us about you...and your likes....and share....Check it out here..in the Michigan forum.. So many neighbors....Come back often...and join right in. Need help navigating? Just ask..someone will help you out..this is a big place..so many places...again welcome..

smiles..Diana

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

welcome have a good time and look around a bit then come back and tell us all about your self
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Anita. Welcome to the Michigan forum. I'm so glad you've joined and hope you'll be posting often. We're a friendly group. Tell us about your garden.

Brenda

Saugatuck, MI

Thank You so much for the warm welcome. This sounds like a site that I will enjoy. I haven't had time yet to poke around much to become familiar with it. Gardening is a passion of mine. LOVE LOVE it!! Also do bird feeding in a big way. Have lots of feeders mainly in the winter tho. Only have a few out in the summer. We are surrounded by woods so have alot of birds. Indoors my interest is orchids. Don't have room for as many as I'd like--only about 9 but really love them. I'm basically retired but have been a beautician for 47 years and still work 1-2 days a week in my home.
Anyone in my area near Saugatuck??

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

anitasgarden... I live in Plainwell. Not real close to you. But we'll be happy to see your photos! Love being nosy. Maybe even stealing some ideas. LOL. Have fun with us. Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

welcome to the site! if you need anything yell!

Saugatuck, MI

To Gardenlady123--I love to look at photos also and do have a digital camera,however, my kids download my photos onto my computer and would have no idea how to post any photos. I guess I lack the interest in trying to learn. I wish I'd grown up with computers like this generation is.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Anita I learned and believe me Im no computer whiz either. My daughter taught me. all you have to do is click on the browse button under where you make a post and the pictures you have in the computer should be right there. Just select the one you want to post and click open. Then hit send. Its very easy. It probably easier when some one is right there showing you. Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome Anita!!!!!

Cindy

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi again Anita. I'm an old beautician too. I did hair for about 40 years before I retired and came up here to live. I keep getting offers to go back to work from shops in town but I told them I'm retired. I take care of my mom who is 92 and lives with us. My hands feel so much better since I quit doing hair. :) I gave away all my equipment and only keep enough to give my mom a perm and do hubby's haircuts. :) I miss the ladies but not the work. :) I keep up my license though cause you never know when you might need it.

We vacationed in Saugutuck years ago and had a good time camping at a campground there. Beautiful city.

Brenda

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello Anita,
Welcome to Michigan Gardening Forum threads!
Hey Brenda..I have a Cosmotology license but I never used it professionally! After spending 6 mo.
working in Florence/Rome for Scuvallo (he did hair for alot of Vogue covers at the time) I came back to Michigan and could not find a beauty related job as quickly as i would have liked but a distributor of
wine and liquor hired me to sell restaurants in downtown Detroit. I thought I would have fun until I found "the right Beauty Industry Job" but never did!!! I always wondered about the 'otherside'. What I missed! Now I know who to ask!! LOL!!
Julie

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

LOL Julie! Seems there are a number of us old hair benders onboard here at Daves. I always loved messing with hair. Mom enrolled me in beauty school when I was only 15. Dad had died and mom had to go to work and she was afraid to leave me home alone so she put me in school. I loved it. I worked my way through college at Eastern Michigan University doing hair. I received a teaching degree at just the time nobody was hiring teachers. :) I went to work in a beauty shop and did some subbing. I finally decided I enjoyed doing hair the best.

The last 16 years of my career I had a shop inside a very classy retirement center and just loved it. The little old ladies and men appreciated so much getting their hair done. Some missed the human hand contact and attention. I felt like I really made a difference in their lives. It was a good part time job and I did not lack for customers. They'd be lined up down the hall outside the shop when I'd come into work. :) There was never a dull moment. Many had dementia and could say the funniest things and some of the conversations they'd have with each other would just crack me right up. I had fun with them.

How excited that you got to train in Italy under a master! That had to be a real education and exciting. I'm pretty much a bread and butter hairdresser. Nothing too exotic or fancy. Not these days anyway. Back in the 60's I used to love doing all the fancy updos and curls etc. Hair styles now are pretty bland compared to the old bee hive and cococtions we'd come up with. I loved to glitter them up for big New Year Eve parties and weddings. :) :) Now, those were the days when doing hair was exciting. A hair style was a work of art. Now it wash and blow and some of the stars have such bad hair I'm ashamed for the industry. I just shake my head and say to myself, "You actually paid someone to look that bad?"

Any other hair benders on board?

Brenda

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome again Anita...see you got lots of company with the hair...thing..lol.....Nice to have you here....chime in...

smiles..Diana

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

No I do not like to do hair. I like the dry and go style. But I know what you are saying Brenda.

Saugatuck, MI

Yes, Loon, I know what you are talking about. I sub at an assisted care home for a friend when she goes on vacation. A person could write a book after working in a place like that. LOL

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i use to run a 12 bed adult foster care home years ago after my mom got sick. quit a lot of stories ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.